Discussion Nawazuddin Siddiqui's stupid rant about depression

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui said that depression is an urban concept, a byproduct of money, and that it doesn’t exist for those who aren’t privileged. The actor, who was born in Budhana, a small town in Muzaffarnagar district, Uttar Pradesh, said depression is more of a “city thing”, where people “glorify” even the smallest of their emotions.

In an interview with Mashable India, Nawazuddin said depression is such an alien thing for people from villages that if he would have told his father that he is “feeling depression”, he would have been slapped. “I come from a place where, if I would tell my father that I am feeling depressed, he would give me one tight slap… Depression waha nahi tha, kisi ko bhi nahi hota waha depression, sab khush hai (No one gets depression in villages, everyone is happy there). But I learnt about anxiety, depression, bipolar after coming to the city.”

Yes, if depression is urban concept. Nawazuddin Siddiqui's B grade acting is burden to producer's wealth. His next movie is 100% flopping. Just like his previous ones.

Paisa sar chadd gaya hai iss aadmi ke...
Delusional being. He considered himself a Robert Deniro in his brain. Yet, his acts in the past proves he is a Weinstein in the making. There is so much dirt on him. Everything about him is an open secret. Yet, producers shamelessly offer individuals like him work.

Than explain. How depression is just an urban concept?
True. Rural suiiside rate are even high as compared to Urban. For example, a Farmer committed suiiside just because he lost and went to depression.

True. Rural suiiside rate are even high as compared to Urban. For example, a Farmer committed suiiside just because he lost and went to depression.
In rural areas you can't go lost or into hiding a crowd. Your failure is the highlight and talk of the village.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock