Discussion NDTV channels related discussions

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Under new management NDTV needs to revive RedDot Production again. They made brilliant shows and documentaries. Shows like It Happens Only in India was their brainchild. Last I recall of them was making a documentary about Water Crisis.

They can easily make and sell their content now when there is a law for mandatory airtime for national interest and importance content for 30 minutes everyday.

Under new management NDTV needs to revive RedDot Production again. They made brilliant shows and documentaries. Shows like It Happens Only in India was their brainchild. Last I recall of them was making a documentary about Water Crisis.

They can easily make and sell their content now when there is a law for mandatory airtime for national interest and importance content for 30 minutes everyday.

Agreed. Also they should relaunch NDTV Metronation , it was excellent city based channel having 2 different variants for Delhi and Chennai.....covering news and many other things related to the city.

Also they should try to expand its footprint into other genres like movies, music, kids. Even NDTV Hop was an excellent initiative which has now been rebranded as NDTV Beeps but it just features short video content now

Agreed. Also they should relaunch NDTV Metronation , it was excellent city based channel having 2 different variants for Delhi and Chennai.....covering news and many other things related to the city.
They got an extra channel with not much content. They don't need another one.
Also they should try to expand its footprint into other genres like movies, music, kids
Seriously? They are strictly a media company now. They already had sour experience with NDTV Imagine.

They got an extra channel with not much content. They don't need another one.

Seriously? They are strictly a media company now. They already had sour experience with NDTV Imagine.
NDTV Good Times is a lifstyle channel and co existed with NDTV Metronation back in late 2000s too...both do not cater to same audience hence both r needed to serve respective purpose.

So do u think a news media company cannot think about re-entering into other genres again? They can, if they consider expanding the reach of their network among masses who consume different variety of content than just news. Experience they had late 2000s cannot be compared to current scenario in broadcast landscape or viewing pattern of people

NDTV Good Times is a lifstyle channel and co existed with NDTV Metronation back in late 2000s too...both do not cater to same audience hence both r needed to serve respective purpose.

So do u think a news media company cannot think about re-entering into other genres again? They can, if they consider expanding the reach of their network among masses who consume different variety of content than just news. Experience they had late 2000s cannot be compared to current scenario in broadcast landscape or viewing pattern of people
NDTV Good Times is still a good channel. It still needs some good refreshing content. Just old content isn't gonna fetch ratings.

Not when established existing players are themselves struggling. Experience would be much worser than late 2000s. This is the age of new terrible order.

Technology journalist Rajiv Makhni's 20-year association with NDTV has come to an end.

Confirming the news, Makhni said, "I am evaluating three offers. Will be announcing which one I am accepting within a few days."

Technology journalist Rajiv Makhni's 20-year association with NDTV has come to an end.

Confirming the news, Makhni said, "I am evaluating three offers. Will be announcing which one I am accepting within a few days."

Looks like they found a replacement.

NDTV and Gadgets360.com (Red Pixels Ventures, An NDTV Venture), the technology content portals have announced Gaurav Chaudhary aka Technical Guruji as the new face of their technology vertical. To begin with, NDTV and Technical Guruji are coming together to present two weekly technology shows – ‘Gadgets 360 with Technical Guruji’ and ‘Tech with TG’.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock