NDTV India likely to go off-air for 2 Weeks

Jithin91

Contributor
Reaction score
“NDTV India” has in the past been accused of compromising India’s national security. In last November NDTV India was was given a token 1 day ban for its reporting of the January, 2016 Pathankot attack.

This action is apparently being taken after previous I&B minister Venkaiah Naidu asked the channel for a representation after it, in the government’s view, seriously compromised national security while covering a terror attack.
Government sources said while the channel kept informally regretting the coverage, no representation was made.
The channel instead moved court and told SC that it would not apologise for the coverage and it was under no such breach.

The channel had violated clause 6.1 of the policy which states that permission granted shall be revoked if the channel is found to transmit content inconsistent with public interest or national security.

A couple of sources in the ministry, confirmed that NDTV India is likely to go off air. The channel didn’t give a satisfactory answer and also refused to apologise which is supposed to have prompted this possible ban.

News is exclusive to OPIndia
I&B ministry to punish 'NDTV India' for compromising national security?

This channel is already offair for hathway customers.

wow.... so there was only 1 channel, who spoke the real truth abt BJP, and didnt patronize the BJP, now that is also over....

all channels become bhakts of BJP. :dodgy:
this is not gud for democracy.... media will brainwash everyone now.

Republic TV bro :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock