Seeking Help Need help about Tata Play Binge+

D. J. Das.

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to upgrade my stb with Binge+. That's why I want some information regard this. So, my questions are below:
1. Is broadband mandatory?
2. Is any alternative options available without broadband?
3. If I don't want to watch ott content, in that case is my current monthly charges will continue?
4. Binge+ stb have inbuilt wi-fi?
5. My tv don't have headphone jack, that's why I can't install home theatre. With this binge+ stb, can I install home theatre?

Please solve my query regard binge+ stb. Thank you.

1. Minimum 2mbps internet is required is what they tell. When i bought, I didn't had any broadband connection, but I had no problem in viewing with the mobile hotspot. I have heard that, they tell broadband is compulsory but you can negotiate it.
2. Wifi hotspots, dongles can suffice.
3. If you want to use it solely for the purpose of DTH, you can use it. No problem. Monthly charges are same with any Tata Play set-up boxes.
4. Yes.
5. You can. It also has bluetooth.

Travel XP 4K is iptv. I asked about satellite based 4K channel.
I meant that it's already supporting it. Yes, internet TV and satellite TV are two different things but we can assume that it will support in the future. And knowing Tata Play, it will be one of the first ones to release 4K satellite channels. We have to just wait and watch.

This Is As Per Tata Sky SOP!

1. No

2. Yes, You Can Use, WiFi Modem Or WiFi Hotspot Dongle

3. If You Don't Want OTT You Can Deactivate Binge+ Premium Trial, Can Watch Only TV Channels

4. Yes, It Has Both Bands

5. Use SPDIF Cable

So, I can order binge+ stb without broadband? Right na??
This Is As Per Tata Sky SOP!

1. No

2. Yes, You Can Use, WiFi Modem Or WiFi Hotspot Dongle

3. If You Don't Want OTT You Can Deactivate Binge+ Premium Trial, Can Watch Only TV Channels

4. Yes, It Has Both Bands

5. Use SPDIF Cable

So, I can order binge+ stb without broadband? Right na??
What Vadi bro said is you need to negotiate that with the agent. A broadband connection is recommend because the box might require to do OS upgrade. When the agent shows up. Convince him that you have unlimited 4G plan. If required you will buy boosters for the upgrades to complete.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock