Need help about understanding service charges

tsuser2022

Reaction score
Hi,
One day suddenly my settop box started giving no signal. Called service technician and he showed that LNB got shot due to insects entered in it. He changed LNB in my absence when I was near settop box in my flat but he used LNB named "Universal Twin Digital LNBF". Technician claimed it Super LNB. I want to know is it really Super LNB of Rs 800/- charge or its of Rs 300/- charge only? I do have 2 cables from LNB to my settop box for my HDPVR.

After this first complaint resolved, that whole day frequently screen (Signal) started going blank for 1-2 sec and coming back. I checked when this happened Signal quality was almost 0%. I complained this to customer care and new complaint got registered. Second day another technician came and re-tight all screws, re-align dish and changed existing dish's down third leg bracket one screw by drilling near top screw and using new 1 feet screw. But he said this work is considered as relocation. But I would like to know other users experience here. Does just using 1 new screw and 1 drill at existing location is considered as relocation with 300/- charges?

In end the Signal strength before this issue and after fixing 2 of my complaints remain for T1 and T2 around 60% but Signal quality degraded in range from 60% to 20-50% varying. I am told by technician that issue is with my replaced HDPVR and not at dish or behind settop box cable signal.

any thoughts or comments please.

Normally what I observed if they have charged you lnb , there is some free service warranty for 7 days (I remember)..if still facing issue within this period, they wont charge single rupee..this happened with me 3 months ago.I was getting low signal quality, so the technician did some alignment which temporarily fixed the issue and they charged ₹175 for visiting but again with little rain I faced some issue..so I complained next day, they sent the same technician who said issue with lnb so I asked to replace it, this time I paid only lnb charges no charges for service visit.

This lnb I feel are poor quality they don't last more than a year..so I am using Desi jugaad 🤣
Placed a dabba over the lnb so it's now protected from rain

Is there any improvement in picture quality? Or just signal will increase 🤔
How much it will cost bro?
If you read the thread, all the users that are eligible have recevied free upgrade/replacement to this LNB so cost is not known bro.

Picture quality remained the same for me because Super LNB was used before SatCR LNB and that was equally good.

I asked customer care about SatCR LNB. I connected via phone customer care and they said how do you know people received such free upgrade then I mentioned about this forum. The lady on phone call then quickly said 2-3 lines in english and hangup on me. I could not catch what she said to me. So I am still unclear if I am eligible for SatCR upgrade or whichever LNB they gave me, what cost they will charge. Its now more than 24 hrs the LNB changed and WO got closed but not charged to me yet but on phone call customer care told me I will be charged Rs. 800/- It is very much confusing to me about charges.

I am give below LNB which looks different to me than one shown in GSAT-24 thread discussion shared by Bapun ji.
BDB9co1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock