Need Help: Conditional Access

egroje

Reaction score
I am new to DVB-S, and I want to know how Conditional Access System (in General) works, from the Operator down to End-User.. ..I found some articles on the net however, it seems still unclear to me..Thanks in Advance

@me_saket, thank you for the input,,i want to know when does the handshake/authorization happen is it during boot up of the Receiver? or during access request? and some other technicalities..thanks

at boot also

and at fixed interval number print authorisation happen at every channel

ahhh ok,,so if its every channel, every time we change channel a new authorization request will be sent to the CA/SMS to get a new control word together with the user key, am i right?

My understanding is once the receiver booted up, it will ask for authentication to the CA System, and on the authentication process, CA system will provide the receiver with the group of channels your subscribed for with the control word and user key, and the descrambled data stays on the receivers memory awaiting for channel change.

thanks for enlighting me

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock