Need help to choose dth which provides great picture quality

Nithis111

Reaction score
Currently I do have a Sun direct HD it's pretty good but it lacks some HD channels and sd quality isn't that great (good for CRT TVs but not for modern LEDs) So I have a vu pixelight 4k TV 43" and my current HD viewing experience with the sun direct is pretty good but I heard people saying that Tata sky and Airtel have way higher picture quality than other dth providers. I haven't watched any of these two dth's pic quality. My friends used to say that Tata sky's SD quality is like HD (I don't believe that but I need to know whether that's true or nah). So please tell me is it worth upgrading to any of these two dth providers for the picture quality. I don't care about the package price anyway.

Currently I do have a Sun direct HD it's pretty good but it lacks some HD channels and sd quality isn't that great (good for CRT TVs but not for modern LEDs) So I have a vu pixelight 4k TV 43" and my current HD viewing experience with the sun direct is pretty good but I heard people saying that Tata sky and Airtel have way higher picture quality than other dth providers. I haven't watched any of these two dth's pic quality. My friends used to say that Tata sky's SD quality is like HD (I don't believe that but I need to know whether that's true or nah). So please tell me is it worth upgrading to any of these two dth providers for the picture quality. I don't care about the package price anyway.
Definitely if you don't care about price then go for tata sky it is worth upgrading pq is best , coustmer care service is good but only problem is high price...whereas airtel is my personal favourite pq is good compare to sun direct and they give discount on various packs so go for tata sky if you want best experience. ..if you are price sensitive then airtel is best

SD channel PQ is indeed good on Tata Sky. But that depends on channels. For NDTV 24X7 and Sun Bangla looks great. Meanwhile DD channels doesn't look go. Even HD infotainment channels looks great. But same isn't the case on English Entertainment channels. I think all operators has same HD PQ.

SD channel PQ is indeed good on Tata Sky. But that depends on channels. For NDTV 24X7 and Sun Bangla looks great. Meanwhile DD channels doesn't look go. Even HD infotainment channels looks great. But same isn't the case on English Entertainment channels. I think all operators has same HD PQ.
I Personally Cant Confirmed This Statement, because I always and Only Use Airtel. But According To Many Users Review, HD PQ and Audio Quality Best In Airtel.

I Personally Cant Confirmed This Statement, because I always and Only Use Airtel. But According To Many Users Review, HD PQ and Audio Quality Best In Airtel.
I never had Airtel's HD connection. I have watched Airtel at Dominos several times. SS 1 HD looks alike to me on both.

Tatasky sd picture quality is greater than sun direct but HD sun direct tops I have used both dth "Sun direct HD is great because of HEVC"
I also feel the same now, HD content on Sun direct looks just great. For me it feels way better than watching one 1080p content on YouTube. But as I'm from South region there are not many HD channels (barely 6 or 7 channels and only 4 available in Sun Direct : infotainment channels not included) so I've to rely on SD for most of the Tamil channels and in Sun direct I feel like SD quality isn't good. I'll post some photos here for reference.

I also feel the same now, HD content on Sun direct looks just great. For me it feels way better than watching one 1080p content on YouTube. But as I'm from South region there are not many HD channels (barely 6 or 7 channels and only 4 available in Sun Direct : infotainment channels not included) so I've to rely on SD for most of the Tamil channels and in Sun direct I feel like SD quality isn't good. I'll post some photos here for reference.
Screenshot, 2019-09-13 12:58:11 - Paste.Pics
Screenshot, 2019-09-13 12:56:56 - Paste.Pics

Can someone upload some snaps of a SD channels from Tata Sky or Airtel.

I'm both Airtel HD & Dish HD user.
And my feedback is, for sharper picture, go for DishTV, but for Natural picture & great audio quality, go for Airtel!

Yes, it is worth to change your DTH operator to Tata Sky or Airtel. However, if you are worried about the package price as well then i would suggest you to consider Airtel DTH. This is because Airtel provides finest quality channels along with the most competitive price. Apart from this, i would suggest you to buy it from online vendors as retailer might charge you extra for their commission. You can get it from online Vendors such as ------
Please don't spam the thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock