Needed Contact Details of Hathway Digital Cable

Well does any one know when hathway will start its Digital Cable TV services in Goa, here only internet services are available and hathway has tied up with local MSO for digital cable tv which is a poor service.

I am using digital cable tv services provided to us by FDI pvt. ltd. I was using Cisco STB which was very good. the channels had a fixed channel numbers and positions. Well before they used to provide cisco Z260DVB STB but now they have stopped it and are providing some poor quality made stb with model no HDC-1000C. the thing is due to some upgradation work in the control room they stopped giving cisco stb in 2010 and they have replaced all stb of customer with the new one. so because of some changes in the control room/headend the cisco STB do not work. It has been 3 years and no new channels are added only channels are removed. In this new STB HDC-1000C all the channels are coming from 1-150 and are mixed. not only that the new stb has iredeto software, it has got a provision for VC but it has still not been started yet. The problem is that whenever the STB is rebooted, everytime a popup appears saying "Channels have been modified, Press OK to Scan" Whenever I press ok it starts to scan for the channels. And the channels get stored in new no's which is very irritating for all the subscribers. The channels have no fixed positions. In the cisco stb, all channels where in a fixed position (the same channel list of hathway Mumbai). But in the new stb all channels are in disgust. I have asked my LCO whether new types of STB will be launched. he said it will launch shortly. he keeps saying the same thing as he has no idea. I called up FDI and asked them, they say the samething. So FDI is the only Digital MSO in GOA. As we want local news channels we cant go to dth, and because of rain problems also. NO DTH. Because of their monopoly, they are enjoying and troubling us. I am paying Rs. 320 / month. Pls help me as we have no option.

Rs 350 for 150 channels...Is the problem happening only with your STB or with all uses?

Ninand G bro, this issue is for all subscribers who have are using this STB. Well earlier they used to provide Cisco STB, but due to up gradation they discontinued it and are now providing some cheap STB as specified in the above post. Well in the cisco STB all channels were exactly the same as hathway Mumbai channel list. Now its all mixed up. HD was to be launched here and they keep saying that it will be launched.

FDI the MSO here is controlled by hathway as same way as GTPL in Gujarat. SO Hathway has alliance with FDI in Goa and GTPL in Gujarat. But we want hathway to start its digital cable services here on their own just like in Mumbai. Bangalore and other places in the country.

We are fed up with this FDI, lets see what happens after digitization here as the we are in the 3rd phase i.e. 30th September 2014.

Well I have tried contacting hathway on the above mentioned id's and even on FB, but no replies yet. So If any people know any other email id's ps post it.

I remember reading some post regarding such problem last year. Its strange that user has to scan the channels every time they start STB. What if STB is always kept switched on?
It seems Hathway is not giving proper attention/tech. Hope that digitization will bring in more competition & cable would provide better services.
Customers & local channels should raise their voice & Goa govt should intervene in such matter to pressurise cable as govt is providing support to local channels. Otherwise people will slowly move to DTH & local channels may die.

Yeah bro, its costly here Rs 320 for 150 channels and that to sometimes channels are shuffled, removed, added and mixed up. And even EPG names are incorrect. The main thing is that here there is no competition. Only one single MSO. And even local tv channels have no option as they have to obey what the MSO says. So they will wait till the last minute and then they will add I think so. Well many people have opted for DTH mostly tatasky and Videocon d2h. But as I said my family doesn't want it because of rain issues.

Well in another city Margao there is a MSO In Digital (In Cable Net) and they have a huge channel offering, same channel list of Mumbai. Well I wonder why cant they expand and come to Panaji. Here if Hathway comes independently then it will be good or even if In cable comes and takes over this FDI Digital. it will be good.

Why Goa govt is not intervening in this matter? Goa CM Parrikar is a dynamic person & I think govt also has surplus money, so they can pour money to control cable business something like how TN govt is doing. This will help local channels to survive & arrest DTH growth.
I dont know if you can complain in this regard, but still complain to Trai/MIB/Goa govt.
Meanwhile also inform In cable about this & ask them to takeover business in Panaji. In cable knows how to takeover cable business from others, they have good contacts & are 'famous' for this.

Thanks bab. Well most of the local cable channels are owned by business men like Dempos, salgaonkars and some others. So they have good contacts with this FDI MSO.

Goa Govt is a very good BJP govt, and our H'ble CM sir is also a very good dynamic person.

Well I have sent In cable emails and they replied saying that I have to call the MSO in Margao. Then I sent another one to CC care in Mumbai and stating all my problems about FDI MSO to them. Then they replied telling me to give them my address. Well Why address ???

But still I gave it to them I told them that PS start ur serviced here as the people are fed up with FDI Digital.

Wee NinadG bro how long will it take for IN Cable to start its services here if they are willing to ???

MR anishpai

rain issue is less than 0.5% of viewing time
I mean
2.5 hrs per day means 912 hrs for year
0.5% means 4.5 hrs= 270 minutes

so considering rainy season of 4 months
in 120 days , say 15 days issue will occur eah time 10-12 minute, out of 2.5 hrs, 180minute

so remaing 90minute (270-180)

for rest of 8 months say 10-11 minute per month

does ur current cable gives 24hrs uninterrupted service.

so u can go for dth without worrying for rain issue?

I dont think any DTH provide local channels which is very imp for local people in Goa. Thats why they are stuck with cable.
Well AnishPai, atleast why dont you involve local leaders like MLA to put pressure on cable op...
I believe most of the cable users are facing this issue in Panaji so engaging local leaders will benefit to all users. If all MLAs could raise this issue then definitely something will happen.
I dont know about the tech problem but dont think it would require big investment to resolve from cable end, seems just lack of interest.
If Goa govt is suppoting local channels then it should also look after ditribution incase of any problem.
If InCable invests more to capture local market then it may benefit them after digitisation.
Meanwhile what if you keep your STB on - without switching it off, you can switch off TV....Will it work...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock