Discussion Needs clarity about HD to Binge upgrade

Reaction score
I am going to upgrade my tataplay HD to Binge next month, I want some clarifications regarding the box working condition and features

1. Is binge box is perfectly working, i have this doubt because some of our memebers complaining about box issues and also My Tv is 2013 old model LED TV, is there any issues with old Tv?

2. PQ and AQ are better in HD box or Binge box?

3. Is netflix also free for 1st 30 days?

If these doubts are cleared i will proceed to upgrade, if not i will go with alternative smart devices

Solution
1. Box is little bit laggy because of less storage. Some apps like Voot and Sony Liv doesn't work properly sometimes.

Also chromecast is extremely laggy. I had 100 Mbps of Tata's own fiber. Despite that not once I was able to stream anything other than YouTube via chromecast without buffering.

2. PQ is good. SD channels didn't look bad at all when I was using it. I didn't use any external speakers so can't comment about sound.

3. Netflix is not free. Amazon Prime is the one that's free for first 30 days.
1. Box is little bit laggy because of less storage. Some apps like Voot and Sony Liv doesn't work properly sometimes.

Also chromecast is extremely laggy. I had 100 Mbps of Tata's own fiber. Despite that not once I was able to stream anything other than YouTube via chromecast without buffering.

2. PQ is good. SD channels didn't look bad at all when I was using it. I didn't use any external speakers so can't comment about sound.

3. Netflix is not free. Amazon Prime is the one that's free for first 30 days.

Last edited:
Solution
Binge+ box picture quality is 10 times better than hd box especially for SD channels. This is my personal experience.. recently bought Vu 50pm and it was connected to binge+ box only but was laggy and picture quality was bad..so I thought of using my old hd box and there I found picture quality is much worst than binge+ box..in comparison binge+ is much much better just connect to wifi once update all system apps and then Disable wifi and do not install any new app , it will be faster like HD box .

Also for 4k tv, set the output resolution to 1080p not 4k
4k output is less sharper and looks dull

After the initial booting and updating of data through internet, roughly 3 mins, the box is not laggy even if connected to internet.

Box can be used after 2 minutes of switching on cold start, and standby mode switch on in 30 seconds.

Old TVs should be supported, there are no issues noticed in old TV models. This STB is a Good option to upgrade a non smart tv to Smart.

Most have reported picture quality is good. TataPlay website mentions picture is 4x sharper/better.
Sound too is reported as good. It has optical and bluetooth support for sound.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock