Netflix to be available on Airtel Digital Set-top boxes in India

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
The Netflix app will be integrated into the set-top boxes of Airtel DTH so that viewers can tune into Netflix on their televisions without having to use dongles or Smart TVs. You will still need to be a Netflix subscriber, of course, and the Airtel set-top box will need to have an Ethernet/ Wi-Fi-based Internet connection.

"Airtel has been a pioneer in bringing the best of global content and products to its customers [and] we are delighted to partner with Netflix," said Gopal Vittal, Managing Director and CEO (India and South Asia) Bharti Airtel.

Netflix Partners With Airtel, Videocon, and Vodafone in India | NDTV Gadgets360.com

RE: Netflix partners with Airtel Digital to offer OTT services

its already on almost all smart tv's. my tv remote has a dedicated button for Netflix.

what you need is a high speed net connection to stream in HD. nd that is what most of us don't have.

Jithin91 said:
its already on almost all smart tv's. my tv remote has a dedicated button for Netflix.

what you need is a high speed net connection to stream in HD. nd that is what most of us don't have.

bro, no dongles or Smart TVs needed only need to be Airtel DTH customer.

RE: Netflix Partners With Airtel Digital in India

Global video streaming service Netflix on Monday announced strategic partnerships with Airtel, Videocon d2h and Vodafone -- making it the worlds leading Internet TV network.

With these partnerships, Netflix's critically-acclaimed programmes like 'House of Cards' and 'Narcos and The Crown' will be easily accessible to consumers across direct-to-home and mobile platforms throughout the country.

"India is one of the most important and vibrant countries in the world and we are delighted to be teaming up with three of its leading companies to make it much easier for consumers to enjoy Netflix," Reed Hastings, Co-founder and CEO of Netflix, told reporters here.

"In the months and years to come, we look forward to bringing our Indian members more compelling stories from all over the world, an ever-improving viewing experience and incredible joy," Hastings added.

Under the agreement, Bharti Airtel will integrate the Netflix app into its direct-to-home service throughout the country.

"Airtel has been a pioneer in bringing the best of global content and products to its customers. We are delighted to partner Netflix to bring their popular content to our customer on one of our key digital platforms," Said Gopal Vittal, Managing Director and CEO (India & South Asia), Bharti Airtel.

Netflix will also be integrated into the Videocon d2h set-top box, allowing viewers to instantly access Netflix by clicking a dedicated Netflix button on the remote control.

"We are delighted to have Netflix as a partner on our HD Smart Connect STB. This partnership strengthens our DNA of innovation by providing an instant TV screen experience for Netflix users in a seamless manner," added Saurabh Dhoot, Executive Chairman, Videocon d2h.

In the mobile space, Netflix will partner with Vodafone on pre-paid programs and will enable payment integration, allowing Vodafone customers in India to pay for their Netflix subscriptions via their monthly bill.

"We are proud to be the first mobile partner of Netflix in India and look forward to offering its rich content to further delight our millions of customers", said Sandeep Kataria, Director Commercial, Vodafone India.

Netflix launched its service globally in January 2016, including India.

"In 2017, we'll be working on making our Indian service better in every dimension," said Hastings.

"Working with some of India's top artists, we cannot wait to bring more locally-produced series and films to our more than 93 million members households around the world," he told reporters.

SOURCE

rahul1117kumar said:
bro, no dongles or Smart TVs needed only need to be Airtel DTH customer.

i dont think so bro

Jithin91 Bro STB & Internet Both Are Require Simply Connect Your STB Ethernet Port To Your Broadband Or Dongle & Accesses This Service But I think It's Subscription Based  Service ( Not Free Of Cost )

MAYUR SHAH said:
Jithin91 Bro STB & Internet Both Are Require Simply Connect Your STB Ethernet Port To Your Broadband Or Dongle & Accesses This Service But I think It's Subscription Based  Service ( Not Free Of Cost )

ofcourse bro, its subscription based. Even my Sony TV has it. 1st month subscription is free.

What Rahul bro is saying you just need a airtel stb, and no internet is needed. Thats what i was saying.

No Bro Such Charges Include As Early I Said It's Little Bit Costly  In My View. :huh

Jithin91 said:
ofcourse bro, its subscription based. Even my Sony TV has it. 1st month subscription is free.

What Rahul bro is saying you just need a airtel stb, and no internet is needed. Thats what i was saying.

bro I wanted to say no smart tv required internet is must bro.

Jithin91 said:

Basically you need to be an ADTV subscriber with internet connectivity for your adtv stb
Netflix will be in your STB which will connect to the service over the internet.. just like any OTT service, this one also needs internet!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock