Netflix To Make 'Sacred Games' as First Original Series in India

unicorn

Contributor
Reaction score
[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Netflix fans rejoice! First Indian Originals based on ‘Sacred Games’, Anurag Kashyap project[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif][size=medium]The global on-demand video streaming service, Netflix has announced India’s first original series to be based on Vikram Chandra’s critically acclaimed Sacred Games. And what's more exciting? The series will be produced by Anurag Kashyap's Phantom Films.[/font][/size]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Set in a 19th century backdrop, Chandra’s Sacred Games is a gangster detective thriller, which forms an interesting spin on the changing scenario of contemporary India. Bagging several awards like the 2006 Vodafone Crossword Book Award, the novel earned Chandra a million dollar advance from publisher HarperCollins. However, the book was not a financial success.[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Factor Daily describes the theme as organised crime, corruption, politics and espionage that lie beneath India's economic renaissance.[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]"Over the last few years, I've watched with great excitement and pleasure as Netflix has transformed narrative television with its ground-breaking, genre-bending shows,” said Vikram Chandra in a press release. "I'm confident that all the colour and vitality and music of the fictional world I've lived with for so long will come fully alive on the large-scale canvas provided by Netflix.  I'm thrilled to be working with Netflix and Phantom Films,” he added.[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Coming as a pleasant surprise to the Indian binge-watching community, Netlfix was launched in the country back in January this year, allowing subscribers to catch films or TV shows for a fee as low as Rs 500 per month.[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif][url]http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/netflix-fans-rejoice-first-indian-originals-based-sacred-games-anurag-kashyap-project[/url][/font]

This series will redefine the series concept in India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock