• Thread starter Johny
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 20,568

Johny

Satellite Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
We can see a network (NIT) search in receivers. Anybody can say what is the use of this in receivers. While putting nit search on in Full scan/Auto scan it giving a lot of tps, but none of them have any channels.

NIT search doesn't have any impact in blind scan.

For example -
Manually put a TP of Tatasky in your box,
Like 10970 H 32720,
Now you can select NIT & scan,
Box will scan all available TP of Tatasky network,
Hope you got now.

One more example is,
After doing nit scan on IS 20 @ 68.5* on 3743 V 7000,
Box will scan all TP of star network, even from other satellites too,
Which signal not coming in box.

The tp's which we are getting is valid tps of that satellite ?

ALPHA said:
The tp's which we are getting is valid tps of that satellite ?
still you look confuse,
If TP coming in NIT scan then surely it's a valid tp,
But it's not needed that it can be from same sat which you scanned,
If you make a NIT search on Asiasat TP of star network,
Then IS 20 TP will also come in NIT scan,
But without signal as you have dish set on Asiasat, not on IS 20.

OK GSSRAN - I go it. what is the use of another sat's tp while we scan a particular satellite. Also how we can identify the tp's which we are getting in nit search belongs to so and so satellite ?

ALPHA said:
OK GSSRAN - I go it. what is the use of another sat's tp while we scan a particular satellite. Also how we can identify the tp's which we are getting in nit search belongs to so and so satellite ?
As I tune most of the Indian satellite, so I understand easily that this TP is from which satellite,
But I don't think NIT search is useful for c band,
For ku band it's good,
No need to do blind scan always.

So it means once we are using nit search of ku band channels from a satellite, then in future no need of blind scan ? I will try this one and update the result.

if it is successful, then every time no need of blind scan..

I tried nit search for 7deg e from my setup. I kept one valid tp and deleted the rest and tried. It is not giving the complete channel that I am getting now. Later I deleted all tps and tried..this time not scanning at all.

Finally I applied blind scan, it is giving all the channels. and it was giving 14 tps.

again I tried nit search from the same condition of 14tps, it is giving 33 tps.

So as per my experiments before applying for nit search, we have to blind scan once.

It depends on the provider. Mostly work with DTH operators. If a satellite is having some TPs which is including some test TPs, blind scan can give test TPs. But NIT can give only the TPs officially added by DTH operators..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock