Seeking Help New Connection. What to tell CC?

It's just been a few days since I got it installed but so far no issues as such. Thanks for explaining the issue to me :)

Thanks to Abhinav for explaining the issue to you. Will you please check by changing the Audio language on some HD infotainment channel (Animal Planet, Discovery) to some regional language & then switching channels, turning off the STB & turning it back on? Now see if the changed language has stuck by or did the STB change it to the default English language.

Thanks to Abhinav for explaining the issue to you. Will you please check by changing the Audio language on some HD infotainment channel (Animal Planet, Discovery) to some regional language & then switching channels, turning off the STB & turning it back on? Now see if the changed language has stuck by or did the STB change it to the default English language.

Sure, I will check this and get back today. I have some basic Hindi entertainment channels and news only and is used by my parents.

I forgot to mention that an auditor from Tata Sky visited my premises next day or a day after. He checked the whole installation and made some notes on an audit checklist / sheet. As per him this box is recently introduced by Tata Sky so company was checking if there are any issues ( I was not satisfied by this theory ) plus installation is now outsourced so company gets the audit done. He had some meters and compass with him with which he took the readings of angles and frequencies also.

It retains the selected language. I have added Animal Planet HD to the pack and selected Hindi language , it was showing Punjabi as an option but didn't worked, so after changing to hindi audio I changed the channel and switched off the STB and unplugged it and again restarted it. It doesn't remembers the last channel it was playing and starts on a tata sky channel. Changed to Animal Planet HD and it was playing in Hindi audio only.

It retains the selected language. I have added Animal Planet HD to the pack and selected Hindi language , it was showing Punjabi as an option but didn't worked, so after changing to hindi audio I changed the channel and switched off the STB and unplugged it and again restarted it. It doesn't remembers the last channel it was playing and starts on a tata sky channel. Changed to Animal Planet HD and it was playing in Hindi audio only.

So, even the new STB has the bug fixed. Thank you very much for checking and replying!

After waiting for more than a year for the audio bug fix, I finally made the big switch - from D2H to TS! And I, too, can confirm that the Favorite Audio bug in HD channels with Dolby Digital audio has been fixed!! I am happy with the switch now.

Quick Guide
Settings -> User settings > Language settings
Select the "On Screen Language" and "Fav Audio Lang" of your choice.
Then change "Fav Audio Lang Preferred over Dolby" from No to YES.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock