New DTH licensing policy: I&B Ministry to send framework for Cabinet approval by year end

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking at the CII Big Picture event, Secretary in the Information & Broadcasting Ministry, Amit Khare, said the new DTH policy has been finalised and the Ministry is hoping to send it for Cabinet approval by the year-end. He said the Ministry is looking to get a Cabinet nod for the policy by the month-end, as the interim licences of some of the DTH players will expire by December 31.

Earlier this year, TRAI had reiterated its recommendations to the Ministry on new licensing conditions for DTH players. It had recommended that licences be issued for a period of 20 years and thereafter should be renewed for 10 years. It had also recommended a one-time entry fee of ₹10 crore. Currently leading players such as Dish TV and Tata Sky are operating on interim licences given by the Ministry, till the new DTH policy gets finalised and approved.

New DTH licensing policy: I&B Ministry to send framework for Cabinet approval by year end

This proves our law makers are doing nothing but getting salary. Their salary should be stopped if parliament is adjorned
Have you read about Dish Tv they're getting extension from years:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock