Good News New Reactions system implemented replacing traditional Likes on DreamDTH πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜²πŸ™πŸ˜‘

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 67
  • Views: Views 4,087
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Anish Pai, @Choco7905:

I still think you guys are misunderstanding something fairly fundamental. The number of reactions you have received is NOT equal to the reaction score. Reactions can have a score of anything. Negative numbers, 0, positive numbers. Your reaction score is NOT the number of reactions you have received. It is a calculation of the sum of all of the reactions you have received.

All tab count under Reactions received page can never be equal to Reaction score. Reaction score is sum of ONLY positive reactions you have received.

Hope i was able to clarify you all.

@Anish Pai, @Choco7905:

I still think you guys are misunderstanding something fairly fundamental. The number of reactions you have received is NOT equal to the reaction score. Reactions can have a score of anything. Negative numbers, 0, positive numbers. Your reaction score is NOT the number of reactions you have received. It is a calculation of the sum of all of the reactions you have received.

All tab count under Reactions received page can never be equal to Reaction score. Reaction score is sum of ONLY positive reactions you have received.

I've understood this but why I want to say is that the total number of reactions received is decreasing. Earlier it was 2383 but now it's reduced to 2287.

Last edited:
@Anish Pai, @Choco7905:

Bro, Reaction Score should be equal to the total number of positive Reactions a member had received then?

Bro I mean to say the score that appears on the forum home page, not the total reaction score.

Today morning the same score which appears on the forum home page, it was 4223, it went upto 4228, now it's 4226 so went down. This is what I was asking not speaking about total reaction.

I've understood this but the total number of reactions received should not decrease. Am I correct?

For this let me try explain..

If someone gives like then changed like to love reaction then ur reaction decrease.
Notice when sagar bhai changed his reaction earlier

If someone gives like then changed like to love reaction then ur reaction decrease.
It shouldn't decrease if it's changed from like to love. It should decrease, if it's changed from like to wow/sad/angry/, that too only in the Reaction Score. The total Reactions received shouldn't be affected by this, as it is segregated by reaction type anyway.

@Choco7905 bro,

If you have received a negative reaction then reaction score can be decreased. But to not demotivate members i have either set Positive (+1) or Neutral (+/-0). Angry should have negative but members usually rate angry reaction since they feel bad towards the post, not that member, hence that decision.

@Siva bro,

Yeah. But since we have migrated from a different forum platform in past, the old likes are causing some issues so the count may not be exact for old member IDs.

@Anish Pai bro,

I am still unsure why is that happening. Reaction score should not be decreasing.

But under one circumstance it can decrease.

Suppose you have received a Positive reaction but later i changed it to a Neutral reaction, it will decrease by one.

As far as I know, no one has changed his reaction on my posts. All are positive reaction except two which are Wow.

As far as I know, no one has changed his reaction on my posts. All are positive reaction except two which are Wow.
They may have undo their reaction by removing the ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock