DDF Exclusive New sporting events on DD Free Dish

FB-IMG-15629245037997895.jpg

Slightly off-topic: DD/Prasar Bharati should really consider broadcasting DD Sports in HD. The seem to have more than enough content already.

I still don't get it why Star hesitates in showing only India matches on Star Sports First? They should let this channel remain exclusive to DD Free Dish and followed this strategy. This way they would have earned direct revenue from ads rather than depending on current shared model. DD Sports on Free Dish would have switched to 2.0 like it happens on private platforms.

Anyways Star Sports First is serving no purpose on private platforms. If Star India thinks that by not making available these matches on their channel thru Free Dish it will lead to people hopping to private platforms, well it ain't happening (except minute instances). People will continue watching it on DD Sports very happily. Infact showing matches will generate more interest among Free Dish viewers to opt for private platforms as they will enjoy the overall presentation and become accustomed to it.

Star India has nothing to lose by doing this as same remains restricted there thus not impacting other sources. Going forward they can try doing so in DTT model too, if they like taking risk then this is best way to tap opportunity

I still don't get it why Star hesitates in showing only India matches on Star Sports First? They should let this channel remain exclusive to DD Free Dish and followed this strategy. This way they would have earned direct revenue from ads rather than depending on current shared model. DD Sports on Free Dish would have switched to 2.0 like it happens on private platforms.

Anyways Star Sports First is serving no purpose on private platforms. If Star India thinks that by not making available these matches on their channel thru Free Dish it will lead to people hopping to private platforms, well it ain't happening (except minute instances). People will continue watching it on DD Sports very happily. Infact showing matches will generate more interest among Free Dish viewers to opt for private platforms as they will enjoy the overall presentation and become accustomed to it.

Star India has nothing to lose by doing this as same remains restricted there thus not impacting other sources. Going forward they can try doing so in DTT model too, if they like taking risk then this is best way to tap opportunity
dd sports will telecast matches on ddfd irrespective of ssfirst telecast it or not.
if they are enjoying the overall presentation on ddfd itself then why will they show interest to opt for private platform since they are already getting it.
i dont think private broadcaster have permission for dtt even if they have will it be profitable to put antenna in every city for just 4-5 channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock