DDF Exclusive Nickelodeon creates history.

• Thread starter Aksgr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 3,165
You all think TRAI's tariff help Nickelodeon. That's rubbish most kids I came across adores Nickelodeon characters like Motu and Patlu, Shiva and Rudra. They moved on from Ninja Hattori and Pakdam Pakrai. Disney ruined themselves with just one show Doraemon. Meanwhile Turner forgot that Oggy and the cockroaches and Chota Bheem generation grew up.

In kids genre Nick rating is 171653 that is all india rating.
In across genre Nick rating is 463515 that is also all India rating.
How this is possible. I m not understanding Barc rating calculation logic.

Also attractive packaging by Viacom18 which is a bigger network than Disney (excluding Star) and Turner.
Bro,Honestly speaking nobody in India cares about packaging as much as you do. Though your knowledge about this thing is really appreciable.

But only content can save channel. If content is good then automatically people will notice the graphics. Graphics is just for aesthetics it will never impact on ratings.

If content is not appealing no matter you bring 3D animations and colourful graphics nobody will bother.

In kids genre Nick rating is 171653 that is all india rating.
In across genre Nick rating is 463515 that is also all India rating.
How this is possible. I m not understanding Barc rating calculation logic.
Kids rating has below 13 viewers
All genere include no Age limit.
Looks like people above 13 watch Nick more than below 13

Bro,Honestly speaking nobody in India cares about packaging as much as you do. Though your knowledge about this thing is really appreciable.

But only content can save channel. If content is good then automatically people will notice the graphics. Graphics is just for aesthetics it will never impact on ratings.

If content is not appealing no matter you bring 3D animations and colourful graphics nobody will bother.
By 'packaging', I mean channel packs and prices, not graphics. The graphics of Nick are not great at all. What I am saying is that the Viacom18 network has given high visibility to Nick and Sonic in its packages, so that people take them in their packs along with Colors (like Star for Nat Geo).
An FTA Hindi kids channel could be a game changer.
I am desperately requesting for same. I feel bad for rural kids with Free Dish. Wouldn't be bad if Doordarshan themselves brings a state funded kids channel.
Even on paid DTHs, a FTA Kids channel can score heavily.
Past attempts have not gone well. Look at Maha Cartoon. :damn: If teleshopping-oriented FTA networks launch so-called kids' channels, they will eventually turn into teleshopping channels. :dodgy2:

Last edited:
By 'packaging', I mean channel packs and prices, not graphics. The graphics of Nick are not great at all. What I am saying is that the Viacom18 network has given high visibility to Nick and Sonic in its packages, so that people take them in their packs along with Colors (like Star for Nat Geo).
Past attempts have not gone well. Look at Maha Cartoon. :damn: If teleshopping-oriented FTA networks launch so-called kids' channels, they will eventually turn into teleshopping channels. :dodgy2:
@Rohan S, could you comment on my post now, now that I have clarified the meaning of 'packaging' in this case? :huh:

I’m surprised people older than 13 watch these channels, other country CN/Nick/Disney have some teen content but Indian channels only seem to have shows for small kids.

If Toonami had been available just like CN it would have gained more views but sad death to the channel and old school shows.
It will still fail as good content don’t get appreciated enough in India. Kids only like to watch the same few comedy shows. Besides Toonami shut down in the whole of Asia Pacific.

This were the days:hrt:
e8BuljT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock