Nikhil Wagle quits Maharashtra1

SarfaRaZ

Tata Play Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
Nikhil-Wagle-cover.jpg

MUMBAI: Veteran journalist Nikhil Wagle has resigned from Maharashtra1, the Marathi news channel launched by Sadhna Group subsidiary Sharp Eye Advertising, which also owns and operates Sadhna News, Sadhna Bihar/Jharkhand, and Sadhna Madhya Pradesh/Chhattisgarh.

“Yes, I have resigned,” Wagle said, confirming the news to TelevisionPost.com.

While the exact reason for his exit is not known, it is believed that Wagle’s spat with Sanatan Sanstha spokesperson Abhay Vartak during his show ‘Aajcha Sawaal’ wherein he asked the latter to leave the show led to his exit from the channel.

Maharashtra1 political editor Ashish Jadhav has replaced Wagle as the channel head. He has been designated as executive editor and is also hosting ‘Aajcha Sawaal’.

Prior to Maharashtra1, Wagle was the editor-in-chief of IBN Lokmat, which is a joint venture between TV18 and Lokmat Media. Wagle was one among the several high-profile casualties after TV18 was taken over by Mukesh Ambani.

Nikhil Wagle quits Maharashtra1 | TelevisionPost.com

Channel has very less ratings
I think soon they will shut down

Nikhil wagale should join zee 24 taas :tup

Good news...Maharashtra 1 is a crap channel...Hope he joins ABP Majha or Zee 24 Taas in future...

Maharashtra 1 is available only on TS. Very less people watches this channel.
Nikhil Wagle should come back to IBN Lokmat.

nikhil wagle should join jai maharashtra news.... as many other who were worked in other channels all of them joined this channel

although Zee 24 Taas chief editor Dr. uday nirgudkar is my favourite.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock