Discussion No shows on COVID awareness on Hindi and Regional GECs

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Why hasn't even a single regional or national broadcaster step out with shows discussing COVID? With cases spreading like wildfire. A talk show would help. It wouldn't take much money to produce one. You will already have disinfectant and insurance companies on board. You can shoot it on Zoom. They can bring some apolitical figures like doctors, influencers, fitness coaches, sports personality, celebrities speaking about COVID and it's seriousness. Encouraging good hygiene. Asking to get vaccinated. Recommending diets.

Whenever shooting stops. We go back to old shows. Why not utilize the time doing something good for the society?

I am watching Covid related discussions with medical experts on DD Podhigai...

And some serial actors of Vijay TV telling about awareness in Vijay TV during break.
State's broadcaster gets minimum viewership.

Awareness during advertisment doesn't get more eyes as viewers are prone to change channel during advertisement.

Why hasn't even a single regional or national broadcaster step out with shows discussing COVID? With cases spreading like wildfire. A talk show would help. It wouldn't take much money to produce one. You will already have disinfectant and insurance companies on board. You can shoot it on Zoom. They can bring some apolitical figures like doctors, influencers, fitness coaches, sports personality, celebrities speaking about COVID and it's seriousness. Encouraging good hygiene. Asking to get vaccinated. Recommending diets.

Whenever shooting stops. We go back to old shows. Why not utilize the time doing something good for the society?
Vijay TV's Debate show 'Neeya Naana discussed about doubts on covid 19 vaccine vs doctors and health department

Maybe broadcasters think people are switching to GEC for entertainment or comedy for diverting their minds from COVID. It would be so depressing if GECs also start similar debates or informative shows, we are already flooded with it everywhere news, social media, ads etc. That being said they are also not completely ignoring it, some shows added plots on it, logos are modified to keep reminding users, informative promos are created

Maybe broadcasters think people are switching to GEC for entertainment or comedy for diverting their minds from COVID. It would be so depressing if GECs also start similar debates or informative shows, we are already flooded with it everywhere news, social media, ads etc. That being said they are also not completely ignoring it, some shows added plots on it, logos are modified to keep reminding users, informative promos are created
Exactly. Can’t say about South Indian GECs but Hindi GECs have completely eliminated talk shows and engagement shows over the past few years. Imagine if Satyamev Jayate were to air in this pandemic period.

For comparison, yesterday I was watching a livestream by TVF (creator of Kota Factory and Panchayat) on YouTube, featuring stars like Gajraj Rao, wherein a major chunk of the time was given to COVID prevention and treatment protocols, including vaccination. GECs can similarly insert public awareness shows in their entertainment schedule.

Last edited:
Informative shows are upbeat bhai. I am depressed as hell. Reading news articles about recovery and other remedies are being a ray of hope to me. I want people to educate themselves about the situation. Just scroll through facebook. People go there to escape from these dark times. Yet, many informative videos are shared by our friends to take care of us.

Currently star pravah showing mask wore Logo
XwG2T76.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock