No surround sound xstream box

It does support Dolby Atmos. I'll share a screenshot of a Netflix show on Xstream stb with Atmos in an hour or so.

Attached are the screenshots from Netflix app on Airtel Xstream STB supporting Dolby Atmos.

Atmos is written on title info and also shown on soundbar.
7PpKXX6.jpg

LzPBBcV.jpg

5tQaLhl.jpg

V1J8qp2.jpg

👍👍
So, your tv must be 2020 or 2019 model...rit?
Do you have hdmi In?
Any difference connecting stb to ht or connecting by arc
Is it just ARC or eARC..?

Mine is 2019 model LG 55SM9000 purchased in Jan 2020.

If you're referring to hdmi in on soundbar (LG SL8YG), yes it does have apart from Hdmi ARC.

I haven't tried hdmi in on soundbar. Since TV has most hdmi ports, I used ARC option and connected all devices to TV via hdmi.

I guess the TV supports hdmi 2.1 which is eArc, while the soundbar is Hdmi 2.0 standard which is ARC only.

Last edited:

If you're referring to hdmi in on soundbar (LG SL8YG), yes it does have apart from Hdmi ARC.

I haven't tried hdmi in on soundbar. Since TV has most hdmi ports, I used ARC option and connected all devices to TV via hdmi.

I guess the TV supports hdmi 2.1 which is eArc, while the soundbar is Hdmi 2.0 standard which is ARC only.
How is the log soundbar? I am planning to purchase bthe newer version sn8yg. Is the Dolby Atmos affect actually perceivable?

Yes xstream box does support Atmos but not with the current latest firmware. You have to rollback to previous firmware. Also how is the lg soundbar. I am planning to buy the newer sn8yg model. Can you really feel the Atmos effect?

How is the log soundbar? I am planning to purchase bthe newer version sn8yg. Is the Dolby Atmos affect actually perceivable?

Yes xstream box does support Atmos but not with the current latest firmware. You have to rollback to previous firmware. Also how is the lg soundbar. I am planning to buy the newer sn8yg model. Can you really feel the Atmos effect?
Both LG SL8YG and LG SN8YG supports Dolby Atmos but they are only 3.1ch speakers you need atleast 5.1ch speakers to get full Dolby Audio Experience.

Both LG SL8YG and LG SN8YG supports Dolby Atmos but they are only 3.1ch speakers you need atleast 5.1ch speakers to get full Dolby Audio Experience.
I know I just want to know about the atmos effect . surround sound can only be achieved be surround speakers. But does the bar provide height effect as atmos should

Frankly speaking, I cannot judge the sound exactly as I've a problem with one ear. I can't detect the direction of the sound, but can hear the magnitude of the sound. For me it's seems its there and working, but can't exactly tell if its coming from which direction. Hope you can understand.

Now, coming to the version of Xstream box. I'm getting Atmos since the time I got this stb,which is Feb 2020, when it had older firmware and had manual option. I never set it up as manual. It's always auto. Even now with the latest 2.2.3 firmware in which recording feature is present, Atmos is still working.

Last edited:
LG SL8YG is actually a 3.1.2 setup with 3 front firing (left, right, center) speakers in the soundbar. The 1 denotes a subwoofer (its wireless here). The 2 represents two top firing speakers dedicated only for Atmos.

I got 2 speakers(LG Spk8-s) additionally to make it 5.1.2. These are the two rear speakers and are connected to a separate unit which is wireless connected to main soundbar.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock