Now you can cancel your Tatasky Subscription!

• Thread starter dcs
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 17,927
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcs

Reaction score
Call the Tatasky CC and register your request for cancellation of Tatasky Subscription by providing Tatasky ID or Regd. Phone number.
I've done so after holding the thought for a month. Also note that we cannot receive Tatasky Classroom service (Ch.653). I was not informed about this by Tatasky and I had to find it by myself. That is the main reason for me to quit Tatasky 'family'. With HD box there is no issue. Please post your experience. Even if you've not subscribed for ch.653, you are supposed to view the demo. Even after 13 years, there is a long way to go for Tatasky!

What about the blance amount after cancellation

There title says 'Now'. This one existed for years now. I have cancelled my d2h subscription on 2015 and got refund for balance amount with cheque. Since STB is on rental basis there is nothing for it. They just disconnect and take it.

There title says 'Now'. This one existed for years now. I have cancelled my d2h subscription on 2015 and got refund for balance amount with cheque. Since STB is on rental basis there is nothing for it. They just disconnect and take it.
Okay just like postpaid mobile connection where they send cheque of the security deposit and extra
amount if any at the time of disconnection

Okay just like postpaid mobile connection where they send cheque of the security deposit and extra
That is with D2h. But I am talking about Tatasky. This must be the first case, if everything goes smoothly as per "policy".
It may be because on many counts tatasky went against it's own customer's interest.
1. Customer was misinformed by Tatasky about the recording feature of the Tatasky+ HD box.
2. Denial of their commitment later, even though they have all the call recordings.
3. "Blockout" of the subscribed channel 653 on Tatasky+ HD boxes, I am afraid against the TRAI direction.
4. No response from Tatasky to address the issue even after several repeated requests almost on daily basis. (my main concern).

This is Tatasky+ HD box. The issue is right from date of up gradation, 23rd July. Paid Rs.7890+1 month rental. The actual price of this Thailand made box will not be more than 4000 Rs at the maximum. Rental? I wish the company to act responsibly at-least now after troubling the customer for almost a month.

They do not refund any extra amount, even if you have brought the STB just a month back. Just your account balance is refund.
That is with D2h. But I am talking about Tatasky. This must be the first case, if everything goes smoothly as per "policy".
No man. I know refund policies about every DTH services. They just deny anything such to keep connections with customers even when they are inactive. I have read from several members in this forum (search to find) they returned their Tata Sky connections and got refunded balance amount. This is not the first case. People did it back in 2015 and even 2017 and 2018. Its always been like that.
This is Tatasky+ HD box. The issue is right from date of up gradation, 23rd July. Paid Rs.7890+1 month rental. The actual price of this Thailand made box will not be more than 4000 Rs at the maximum.
Yes, i also currently use two Transfer DVRs only. Before i used Tata Sky+ (SD DVR) as one of the first buyers in my city, remember Amir Khan was advertising it. Later Tata Sky+ HD (bigger size box, HD DVR). All these boxes are made by Pace which also manufactures boxes for Sky UK.
Yes, rental. You rent the box till you keep subscription. Even if you do not wish to return box and keep it without subscription they can come and take it. You need to have an active subscription to keep the box with you. But mostly they do not do it anywhere. Sometime back in 2011, people collecting set top box saying they are from company but they turned out to be fraud who selling them for less price in market. To easily find about rental, you can check your Tata Sky set top box carton, they have mentioned its on rental basis. You never purchase the box.

Here are the purchase schemes:

aj7eiji.jpg

kdPsHsX.jpg

Full documentation available here: Terms & Condition - Archives

Thanks for the 'Insider' view - Bapun Raz.
Like to know your response for post #5.

Is it not unfair, if not outright fraud?

The issue is not the box, but the 'blackout' of the subscribed channel. (ch.653)
Please check with your Tatasky+ HD box for ch.653 and report your experience. Like to hear from someone in Chennai.
I've checked already with Coimbatore subscribers. Here no one is receiving even the demo of ch.653.

In my hd stb I'm getting demo of channel no. 653. But I didn't subscribe it. So it will only active for demo use only but didn't find this channel as totally black out. May be in your case reason is different I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock