Industry Insider
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Guys,

Party Time,

cgUWekA.jpg

nHMD7lf.jpg

It's okay to delay implementation and sort out all the issues, no point in TRAI declaring implementation date and broadcasters / MSO's file cases against it in honourable court which again leads to NTO 2.0 implementation being stuck.

Hopefully this time all basic issues will b resolved but TRAI should not step backwards on important points which need to brought in for fair pricing and giving proper choice to customers to opt for their favorite channels be it thru bouquet or A-La-Carte option

I still miss the Ex-Chairman of TRAI Shri RS Sharma as he was far more stringent in getting NTO 2.0 implemented as he was always confident that there is nothing in it which was against interests of any stakeholders rather broadcasters / MSO's wanted modifications in it so that customers again r forced to opt for bouquet at discounted rates and do not choose chs on A-La-Carte basis as same would b priced lot higher. Infact broadcasters never wanted NTO, they were very happy with old system of long term agreements with various operators.Channel or bouquet prices going high was not a result of NTO as had broadcasters been confident of their content then they would have given chs at affordable pricing like they did in earlier system.

Anyways TRAI too understands this and i am sure will not be ready to bring in pricing system or rules as demanded by broadcasters

Last edited:
It's okay to delay implementation and sort out all the issues, no point in TRAI declaring implementation date and broadcasters / MSO's file cases against it in honourable court which again leads to NTO 2.0 implementation being stuck.

Hopefully this time all basic issues will b resolved but TRAI should not step backwards on important points which need to brought in for fair pricing and giving proper choice to customers to opt for their favorite channels be it thru bouquet or A-La-Carte option

I still miss the Ex-Chairman of TRAI Shri RS Sharma as he was far more stringent in getting NTO 2.0 implemented as he was always confident that there is nothing in it which was against interests of any stakeholders rather broadcasters / MSO's wanted modifications in it so that it customers again r forced to but bouquet at discounted rates and not choose chs on A-La-Carte basis. Infact broadcasters never wanted NTO, they were very happy old system of long term agreements with various operators. Keeping channel or bouquet prices high was not a result of NTO as had broadcasters been confident of their content then they would have given chs at affordable pricing like they did in earlier system.

Anyways TRAI too understands this and i am sure will not be ready to bring in pricing system or rules as demanded by broadcasters

Hats Off To You,

Such A Sensible Post,,,,

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock