NXT HD not working in UAE

• Thread starter saj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 4,806

saj

Reaction score
Pals,

I took a new Dish TV NXT HD box for using in Dubai. I connected after reaching here only. Initially it took a S/W update and then it started showing "102 No Account Balance" error. I bought with 1 month subscription and recharged for 1 more month.

Lately, came to know that I need to set my dish at Videocon direction. But I heard that Videoson ST2 sat signal is not available in UAE.

Anybody knows about this? Or How to solve this??

It's totally illegal to use Dish TV in UAE. These operators are banned in that country so don't try to make it work otherwise you may get stuck in legal issues with fines upto AED 50,000.
Consumers of illegal DTH service at risk of jail terms in UAE

ELifeTV or OSN are available is UAE you can use them.

Last edited:
If ST-2 is not available then why not align to 95E NSS-6? It is okay footprint in the area. To everyone saying its illegal, yes it is but i presume he understands the risk. Keep it discreet dude.

If ST-2 is not available then why not align to 95E NSS-6? It is okay footprint in the area. To everyone saying its illegal, yes it is but i presume he understands the risk. Keep it discreet dude.
Will they stop transmission from NSS-6 gradually or they will continue on both satellites? Will we be able to use new packages without re alignment of Dish? Dish TV Contact centre changed my package to something else and i am not getting many channels now which i was getting earlier. I dont want any additional channels but i wish to get all the channels that i was getting earlier without changing to ST2, do you think thats possible?

Dish TV will gradually stop transmission from NSS-6 as it is reaching the end of life. You will get signal from SES-8 and maybe SES-12 in future. That being said, you don't need to realign your dish if its already in 95 E direction as SES-8 is almost colocated with it. Regarding packages, you can select any package you want but the channels in it will purely depend on your alignment. For instance, if you select a channel not in NSS-6, then you won't be getting it even though you might be charged for it.

@saj Any luck on getting it to work? I had it working till July 2019 then after I came back from vacation, I recharged my account but it shows 102. Low Balance
Customer care tried the refreshing command and the reboot command, both didn't do anything. @sng_shivang @amty
Anyone else with solutions is also welcomed. :)

Last edited:
@saj Any luck on getting it to work? I had it working till July 2019 then after I came back from vacation, I recharged my account but it shows 102. Low Balance
Customer care tried the refreshing command and the reboot command, both didn't do anything. @sng_shivang @amty
Anyone else with solutions is also welcomed. :)
It is most likely that your STB isn't getting your account information from the satellite thus showing 102 error due to lack of refreshed information. Could you try to align your dish so you could get decent signal on most TPs especially the home TP?

Also, if you have STB which was earlier aligned to ST-2 satellite and now you are trying to get it work on NSS-6 or vice versa, then it wouldn't work without a happy code from the Dish TV technician. Be sure to retain your original configuration.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock