Open Box S9-S10

anilsk01

Contributor
Reaction score
How to tell if your box is a Clone (without power) & (without installing firmware) & (by installing firmware)

Before powering up.
This is quite difficult as they appear almost identical but there are three things
1. The protective film covering the plastic fascia, on the Original it is opaque (Slight matt affect to it) but on the Clone the film was transparent (very clear & smooth)
2. The Original has a Warranty Void sticker covering one of the screws on the rear.
3. The original came with a TWO PIN plug on it whereas the clone had a 3 PIN plug fitted.

After powering up (but before Firmware checks)
On the Original box the LED clock displays the time when in standby mode.
To the right of the Clock there is a Green LED that lights up (this was not fitted in the clone but the hole for where it should be was visible through the fascia)

How to check via Firmware
Now I do not think this is a safe way to check as I was caught out by the firmware check method originally and so was my supplier.

Install Firmware Dated 08/08/11 or after (this is important as other guides recommend the April update but this will not work on S10 clones as they mimic a genuine code which can not be detected by any firmware dated before the 08/08/11 release)

Once installed go to Menu > Information then press 8888888( for S9 77777) and a CCID code will appear at the bottom of the list, check this code against the list below and if it matches one of these codes then it should be an original box.

00D0
00EA
085B
0D0C
98A1
98F2
9CF4
9D1A
0D7E
38EC

Note 0D7E & 38EC are the latest additions to the list, but as mentioned above do the visual checks beforehand as these are more accurate.

Generally the Genuine box just feels better quality and it even seems to be smoother and the remote pick up is better than on the clone.

I hope this helps anyone who is looking at buying a S10 because the clones are good and can fool anyone without knowing what to look for, I read up on them beforehand and the first thing i did was check the CCID and it shown as a genuine box only to find out once the 08/08/11 firmware was released it was in fact a clone.

for download latest firmware go to link below

http://www.yojiatech.com/a/Support/Download/

R u know Presently Clone Version or original Selling in india ?

Nice review anil bhai.Thanks for this excellent update.Tell about the price too and update the stb pics too here. :tup

I was thinking of buying this, when I was in Europe last time. But I am not familiar with dish tracking. Also I don't have C band dish or set-up at my end. I think the open box or dream box available in Europe are originals not clone one.

Vikram said:
R u know Presently Clone Version or original Selling in india ?
i brought s10 from a seller at delhi and check through above method and also updated with latest firmware and it work very well
. i bought for 5000

openbox_s10_full.jpg

PRODUCT FEATURES

300 MHz MIPS Processor
Fully compliant MPEG-4 H.264/AVC Main Profile Level 3 & High Profile Level 4.1
Fully compliant MPEG-2 MP@HL & MP@ML
Fully compliant MPEG-1 Layer I & II & III, Dolby Digital Audio(AC3)
SCPC & MCPC receivable from C/Ku band satellites
multiple LNB-Switching control (supports DiSEqC1.0/1.1/unicable/1.2/1.3(USALS) supported)
NIT search supported
Support MHEG-5
Support HDMI 1.3
Support PVR(store in USB disk)
Multimedia files playback(by USB)
Support Electronic Program Guide(EPG) for 7 days
Teletext and subtitle out through OSD;
Support multi-lingual DVB subtitle and teletext
Automatic and manual channel scan options
automatic service scan
channel-change time < 1 second
OSD in many languages and skin-support
Multilingual support on screen menu (OSD): English, French, Deutsch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Greece, Portuguese, Finland, Holland, Turkish, Czech, selectable
LED Display
Multiple display mode: 1080i/720p/570p/576i/480p
MPEG-2 / H.264 Hardware decoding
Videotext Decoder
Analog audio output: stereo(L+R);
YCbCr available
Screen format:auto, 4:3, and 16:9
Upgrade software through USB2.0 port
Powerful program management function, parent lock
CA 1x slot and CI 1xslot
10/100Mbit Ethernet Interface
Comes with 2 pin european type plug

party.gif

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock