(Ordered Now) Queries Regarding Upgrade to HD Set Top Box

Harshit

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am using Airtel Digital TV Huawei Standard Definition Box (Model No.- DS260) without USB Recording continuously from November 2010. SD USB Recording Box was launched afterwards in 2013. Now I want to upgrade my box to Airtel Internet TV Set Top Box. I enquired regarding the above multiple times from Customer Care and through E-Mails but every time got the same answer that it has not launched in my city Durgapur, West Bengal. So the next best and the only option was left to upgrade to a HD Set Top Box. I am having a few queries regarding the upgrade, Please help me as every CC is giving me different-different answers. Only common thing they are saying that they will Replace the old SD box with New HD one and provide me a HDMI cable. Upgrade charges being ₹699 for HD Box and ₹150 Visit and Installation Charges, Total ₹849.

1. What old things the service engineer will take back and replace it with new one? Like Remote, Audio-Video (RCA) Cable, Adapter, View Card, etc.

2. I am using the Original Remote from the very first day till now. No issues till now but it does not have any Recording buttons like Record, Play, Pause, etc. Will they replace/provide new Recording remote during upgrade or I will have to purchase it separately?

3. On connecting the Set Top Box with the original adapter that came with the SD box, the box restarts automatically after every 15-20 minutes. So I have connected a Deactivated Tata Sky Set Top Box Adapter. Everything works fine but the adapter becomes very very hot. Will they change the Adapter during upgrade? If not then should I buy a new adapter or continue to use the Tata Sky one?

4. I also want to connect a 2.1 speaker directly from the HD Set Top Box using Red and White RCA cable. Does the HD Set Top Box provides simultaneous output from HDMI and RCA?

5. I am having ADTV account balance over ₹1,000. Can I pay through the balance or I have to pay cash to the service engineer?

Thanks a lot

1. What old things the service engineer will take back and replace it with new one? Like Remote, Audio-Video (RCA) Cable, Adapter, View Card, etc.
👉 Service Engineer Will Take Old Box. Remote I think no Because they was not took my old sd remote when I upgrade my box.
You Will Get New HD Box, HDmi Cable ,New Remote and Adapter(If needed)

2. I am using the Original Remote from the very first day till now. No issues till now but it does not have any Recording buttons like Record, Play, Pause, etc. Will they replace/provide new Recording remote during upgrade or I will have to purchase it separately?
👉 Yes They Will Provide You New HD Recording Remote

3. On connecting the Set Top Box with the original adapter that came with the SD box, the box restarts automatically after every 15-20 minutes. So I have connected a Deactivated Tata Sky Set Top Box Adapter. Everything works fine but the adapter becomes very very hot. Will they change the Adapter during upgrade? If not then should I buy a new adapter or continue to use the Tata Sky one?
👉
If Tatasky Adapter Working Fine You can use it. Either They Will Give You New Adapter. When I Upgrade My 2 Boxes into HD I got it Free.

4. I also want to connect a 2.1 speaker directly from the HD Set Top Box using Red and White RCA cable. Does the HD Set Top Box provides simultaneous output from HDMI and RCA?
👉
I never using home theater or any type of speakers with my box so This point answer I am not able to give you correctly.

5. I am having ADTV account balance over ₹1,000. Can I pay through the balance or I have to pay cash to the service engineer?
👉 When I upgrade my SD box to HD My Account balance was Also More than 1000 that time. But Service Engineer Asked Me to Pay Cash.

Last edited:
I can't remember if the new STB models are having the RCA out. If they do, audio should come simultaneously from those ports too, but you could experience audio delay and non sync between video and audio.

Amount will be deducted from balance, if they ask you to pay in cash you can refuse saying you have the balance in your account.

> He'll replace your SD STB & AV cable with HD STB & HDMI cable.

> Since you've old remote so he may replace it with new remote for free.

> If it works well then continue with it. If you want new adapter then you've to pay separately.

> I've not connected the STB with speaker but I've connected the TV through both AV cable & HDMI & it works perfectly.

> He'll take cash.

By the way, HD upgrade cost increased too much. Earlier it was 599 for general users & 350 for 5 years+ old customers.

Last edited:
Before Answering Ur questions I hope your stb in working condition means u can ask for free upgrade coz ur stb is more than 8 years old if they refuse shoot the mail to nodal

What old things the service engineer will take back and replace it with new one? Like Remote, Audio-Video (RCA) Cable, Adapter, View Card, etc
only SD stb
am using the Original Remote from the very first day till now. No issues till now but it does not have any Recording buttons like Record, Play, Pause, etc. Will they replace/provide new Recording remote during upgrade or I will have to purchase it separately?
u have to purchase new one hope they will give discount for very old remote ur using .. original price for remote 150
On connecting the Set Top Box with the original adapter that came with the SD box, the box restarts automatically after every 15-20 minutes. So I have connected a Deactivated Tata Sky Set Top Box Adapter. Everything works fine but the adapter becomes very very hot. Will they change the Adapter during upgrade? If not then should I buy a new adapter or continue to use the Tata Sky one?
it's better to Adtv latest adapter instead of Tata sky adapter .. adapter charge 400 .. as mentioned above hope they give discount for new adapter too
also want to connect a 2.1 speaker directly from the HD Set Top Box using Red and White RCA cable. Does the HD Set Top Box provides simultaneous output from HDMI and RCA?
no idea never touch home theatre topic yet
am having ADTV account balance over ₹1,000. Can I pay through the balance or I have to pay cash to the service engineer?
u can pay through ur Adtv Balance no issues in that
Sad to see no one is helping me. Requesting @Siva , @Gobinaath , @Gopi27 , @Choco7905 , @Riddhiman , @somnath chakraborty , @Abhi , @RajKumar and others please help me

Thanks
never saw ur thread actually due to not much active in DDF especially Adtv subforum else I would reply to ur thread 🙂

Regards

Bro have you checked internet tv availability on Amazon in your by entering ur pin code??

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock