Good News Ordered Tata Sky Binge+ box

karan_hdl

Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered binge box via Tata Sky Call CC and they called me, and Installation in 11 AM - 1 PM slot today.

5999 + 153 NCF I chosen.

Few of my important Questions and the answer I got ,

Warranty 3 years on the box with service visit charges from 2nd year onwards.

4K enabled and if the executive is right it's just an inbuilt fire stick.

He is sure I can use all my Existing subscription, but Binge+ 249 is mandatory but if I don't want it any month I can watch TV Channels alone .

If He's correct past 7 days contents available on all subscribed channels and we can continue watching any subscribed channels over internet if there is a rain disturbance.

I waited for Tata Sky to launch hybrid box to make a switch from Airtel Internet TV and it's happened now and my main reason to choose Tata Sky is quick channel addition and good SD channel clarity.

Let's see how this TS Binge box fair over Airtel Internet Box.
LeOf4wT.jpg

RTqlQDf.jpg

First impression :

Tata Sky Binge + subscription is limited to only four Apps Eros Now,Hungama Play,Sun Nxt & Hotstar Curated contents and last 7 days Catch up TV contents and it's a separate menu, while there is a separate Apps menu where one can login & watch including these 4 apps content without Binge+ subscription.

AV Clarity is excellent and totally different from Airtel Internet TV which is also a HDR STB. Especially movie trailer cuts ADs in-between the daily soaps were out of the world experience.Colour reproduction is bit on the thicker or darker side after adjusting Picture settings.

Summing it up it's a good deal at 6k comparing Airtel first Generation Internet Box which launched with an MRP of 5k.

Yet to check catch up shows I'll update it whether it's limited to few channels or all the Subscribed channels. If it's for all the Subscribed channels rather than Airtel which has only catch-up TV for very few channels then Airtel Hybrid box users it's time to switch to TS. I'll update in few mins whether all subscribed channels has catch-up TV.

As far as Installation of Apps are concerned way better than Airtel Internet TV 1st Gen Box.

As of now impressed with this purchase and I'll post few more details about my experience with this STB and answer all our members questions in the coming days.

Last edited:
Congratulations bro . Share the snaps from the installation once its happened.

He is sure I can use all my Existing subscription, but Binge+ 249 is mandatory but if I don't want it any month I can watch TV Channels alone .
Need more clarification on this point, when u say 249 pack is mandatory but in any month I can watch TV channels alone. Does that mean if you decide to not subscribe to the binge pack you can continue to use it as a hybrid box with live TV subscription from tata sky and your own app subscriptions?

Need more clarification on this point, when u say 249 pack is mandatory but in any month I can watch TV channels alone. Does that mean if you decide to not subscribe to the binge pack you can continue to use it as a hybrid box with live TV subscription from tata sky and your own app subscriptions?
Yes he means to say if you don't pay ₹249/ Mth then you will not be able to use Binge services (Internet based), However you can still enjoy Satellite TV channels that you are subscribed to.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock