Ortel plans Rs 300 cr investment to improve efficiency & reach

SarfaRaZ

Tata Play Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Odisha’s largest multi-system operator (MSO) Ortel Communications plans to invest Rs 300 crore on expansion over the next two years. Ortel CEO BP Rath said it would utilise IPO proceeds, internal accrual, debt and equity to meet its need.

Ortel, a regional cable television service-provider, is engaged in the distribution of analog and digital cable television services, high-speed broadband services & Voice over Internet Protocol services. Currently focused in the states of Orissa, Chhattishgarh, Andra Pradesh, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh & West Bengal, Ortel focuses on building a two-way state-of-the-art communication network enabled for ‘Triple Play' services (video , data, and voice capabilities) with control over the ‘last mile' .

Rath said that Ortel would be making the investment on upgrading and expansing its infrastructure. The investment would help strengthen Ortel's efficiency, reach and competitiveness. Ortel, which manages 90 per cent of its subscribers directly, in September last year, had a subs base of around 805,000.

Ortel plans Rs 300 cr investment to improve efficiency & reach | Indian Television Dot Com

They need to invest some of those money on their website also and improve the 90's site by making it 21st century like site.

Bapun Raz said:
They need to invest some of those money on their website also and improve the 90's site by making it 21st century like site.

True bhai ;)

They do have only 2mbps maximum speed plan, am i correct bro? Their website shows upto 2mbps. They claim it as high speed internet.

Bapun Raz said:
They do have only 2mbps maximum speed plan, am i correct bro? Their website shows upto 2mbps. They claim it as high speed internet.

Yes correct bhai :tup:D

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock