Breaking Over 50 news channels come together to form News Broadcasters Federation

somnath chakraborty

Contributor
Reaction score
The Government of India has said that it is delighted that more than 50 news channels have already come together to form the NBF. Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javdekar has said: “I am very happy today that more than 50 news channels have come together to form the News Broadcasters Federation. These members of the NBF are from various regions and broadcasting in various states of India. India has more than 700 channels and if more associations are formed in genres like news, then it is a very positive development. We don’t believe in censorship but believe in self-regulation. I am very sure and confident that the News Broadcasters Federation will be a platform to discuss matters relevant to the TV News Industry. I also hope that NBF gives its recommendations and ensures discipline in broadcasting where truth does not become a casualty. I wish the NBF all the very best.”

Source

Last edited:
Maybe they can come together to improve the production and quality of their newscasts. An industry-wide shift into HD would be a welcome move. :)

Maybe they can come together to improve the production and quality of their newscasts. An industry-wide shift into HD would be a welcome move. :)
What is the need of news channel in HD ?? Content is more important than quality but unfortunately all are biased then what is the use in pq wheather it's SD or HD it doesn't matter at all 🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️

HD is not required. 16:9 is enough. ABP alone is worthy of launching HD. The others don't have to invest so much.
C"mon, all channels should be HD atleast in the year 2019. They should be downgraded by DPO's to SD customers. Meanwhile I am shocked that no international broadcasters are offering HD news channel in India. Things most people watch on TV are sports and news. If the same isn't offered in good quality. No point of owning television.

C"mon, all channels should be HD atleast in the year 2019. They should be downgraded by DPO's to SD customers.
For big networks I agree. The older networks like ABP, NDTV, India Today and TV18 should have their flagship English and Hindi news channels in HD (Aaj Tak HD is already there). But it may be too much for Republic and India TV, which are widely watched but don't come from big networks. For them 16:9 is enough.

It is embarrassing that ABP and NDTV don't have HD channels in this day and age.
Meanwhile I am shocked that no international broadcasters are offering HD news channel in India.
Channels like Al Jazeera HD and NHK World HD are already available on satellites. The MIB should consider making them HD-only in India as international channels are premium.

Last edited:
For English channels I agree. The older networks like ABP, NDTV, India Today and TV18 should have their flagship English and Hindi news channels in HD (Aaj Tak HD is already there). But it may be too much for Republic and India TV, which are widely watched but don't come from big networks. For them 16:9 is enough.

It is embarrassing that ABP and NDTV don't have HD channels in this day and age.
NDTV claims to shoot in 4K using Galaxy S10. Meanwhile even on YouTube their channels highest quality is 480p. Only NDTV employees might get to watch their channel on 4K.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock