Breaking Pay channels are shown on DD free dish as free, why can’t the same be free on cable network?....TRAI is looking into it.

• Thread starter shubhr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 29
  • Views: Views 3,659

shubhr

Reaction score
Pay channels are shown on DD free dish as free, why can’t the same be free on cable network?
As per the regulations, a broadcaster has to declare its nature of channels as either pay channel or Free to Air for addressable system. Therefore, nature of channel should be same on all addressable platforms. TRAI is seized of the matter and is in correspondence with those concerned in this regards

Trai all ready cleared that if any channels is free then it will free for all network, it will not happen that it will free for one and paid for another so this is a very serious issue. lots of pay channels(recently converted in to pay channels earlier was fta) running free at dd free dish why. and why trai forced us to pay 153 per month for fta channels. this is a double standard of trai and broadcasters. they need to clear their stand

Trai all ready cleared that if any channels is free then it will free for all network, it will not happen that it will free for one and paid for another so this is a very serious issue. lots of pay channels(recently converted in to pay channels earlier was fta) running free at dd free dish why. and why trai forced us to pay 153 per month for fta channels. this is a double standard of trai and broadcasters. they need to clear their stand
This is exactly what TRAI is saying now officially. TRAI has pulled broadcasters for their double standards and asked for rectification..

How cheap the broadcasters are. They have launched lots of fta channels but after trai new rule they had converted it in to pay channels. for save their carriage fee which every fta channels need to pay service providers. same paid to dd free dish to increase their viewership. already they have decided their popular channels price as maximum @19 and their crap channels, decided very less price

DD Free Dish is governed by different rules created by the government so that people from lower income groups get access to free basic entertainment.

No point comparing it with private operator model. Private operators r already earning money from FTA channels and pay channel revenue earned from subscribers is shared between broadcaster + operator while in DD Free Dish entire revenue model is based on broadcaster payment.

Previously too Dish TV had raised objections when Star Bharat landed on Free Dish but case was rejected, in this case too same will happen. Any channel can join Free Dish , major broadcasters never launch important channels there, just some regular stuff is available for consumption.

DD Free Dish is governed by different rules created by the government so that people from lower income groups get access to free basic entertainment.

No point comparing it with private operator model. Private operators r already earning money from FTA channels and pay channel revenue earned from subscribers is shared between broadcaster + operator while in DD Free Dish entire revenue model is based on broadcaster payment.

Previously too Dish TV had raised objections when Star Bharat landed on Free Dish but case was rejected, in this case too same will happen. Any channel can join Free Dish , major broadcasters never launch important channels there, just some regular stuff is available for consumption.
Except that in new trai rule...broadcaster can't dual price its channel.... What i have quoted above is TRAI's own official statement that it is seized of the matter and asked for explanation and rectification from broadcasters. Hope something favorable comes out.

Except that in new trai rule...broadcaster can't dual price its channel.... What i have quoted above is TRAI's own official statement that it is seized of the matter and asked for explanation and rectification from broadcasters. Hope something favorable comes out.

Brother, i understand what you are trying to convey but as i have mentioned normal policy does not apply to DD Free Dish. You can also google and search for these special guidelines and exemptions provided to Free Dish. It is basically a government platform for catering to common public needs.

By the way how is Tata Sky charging Rs. 20 for FTA channel like DD News HD?

Brother, i understand what you are trying to convey but as i have mentioned normal policy does not apply to DD Free Dish. You can also google and search for these special guidelines and exemptions provided to Free Dish. It is basically a government platform for catering to common public needs.

By the way how is Tata Sky charging Rs. 20 for FTA channel like DD News HD?
I know of the exemptions as they were before this rule.
But what i m quoting here is as per TRAI specificallt to DD free dish.
Kindly refer to TRAI's FAQ number 19... I hope we both are on same page.
i don't know if i m allowed link to web page on this site...but to help u with this...
https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/FAQ_BnCS.pdf
Previously channel ownership was not defined to be of broadcaster only. Much things have changed after supreme court intervention and it's order in favor of TRAI.

P.S Regarding DD news HD pricing by TS... at present i m not aware of it personally but if u say so then it is not legal as per my understanding and u can escalate to TRAI. Forcefully ending long term pack is also not legal by TRAI and it has asked for explanation from DTH operators
P.P.S No. Just checked. Its free on TS. Kindly refer to channel list submitted by TS to TRAI....Channel number 580. DD News HD - FTA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock