People might move towards DTH Chennai digitisation

profsathya

Contributor
Reaction score
In my area I can clearly see the sudden crop up of DTH antennae . A home which has already got Tata sky hd in the first floor had got analogue on ground floor. But now another Tatasky SD antennae crops up for ground floor (hope they don't know about secondary connection). People might think instead of giving 1000 ₹ for SCV stb plus 3 months subscription, they would order for DTH. Scv should not ask for 3 months subscription, because the moment the customers buy stb they are getting tied up with the mso. If scv offers only at 350 many will join the network.

Ya I also saw people opting for DTH instead of paying hefty 2000 for STB for cable operators here in Telangana as well.

DTH's were common at my place around 10 years ago and then cable connection was available with low monthly fee and many people moved to cable from DTH.

Now I see people moving back to DTH from cable as they are forced to buy stb's by paying 2000 that too for non branded stb. I saw people getting DTH's realigned and reactivated which have been lying ideal from many years. I have booked at least 10 dth new connections online or got them reactivated in last few months for my friends/relatives who are against buying stb's.

Yes, the best solution for Chennai seems to be DTH. LCO's loot at the peak and particularly in my area only my building has local cable, all other houses has atleast 1 or more dishes.

But the only problem i feel with DTH is too many... really too many Hindi channels are being included in all packs which is a complete waste for anyone who doesn't understand the language, i would be happy to swap all the Hindi channels for English channels.

And the major issue with local cable is the cable goes dark if the area experiences power loss, so even if we have a backup power we cant use the local cable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock