Seeking Help PHOTO - What is wrong with my set up? Can't get some channels

goodlord

Reaction score
Hi,

because of the new TRAI system, I thought of reactivating my ADTV. Last use was about 2 years ago. I have a DVR (with a disk and all). Everything worked fine, but I am getting no signal on certain channels. About 20% of the channels are showing no signal. I changed the cable, thinking it may be that. That didn't solve it.
I have a tree that has grown a bit in the last two years. Could that be it? Will a bigger dish solve the problem? I am currently using a D2h dish for the same. Typically, Airtel dish tends to be slightly bigger.

VEchoXM.jpg

qkGFyXW.jpg

I am getting about 75-80% signal and 13-14 in signal quality. Both are showing green, and in both LNBs.

Could it be something to do with the software being not up-to-date? It was updated in 2016 or 2017. It shows TRAI prices etc. I tried to get it to manually update, but didn't work. Perhaps because it's HD DVR.

Last edited:
Try upgrading the software version. If it still doesn’t works then you can try contacting Airtel directly. I guess that would be the best option.

1. Let the STB running and watch any channel.
  2. Don't switch of the STB using remote.
  3. Switch of the main power of the set top box. Don't switch of the TV power.
  4. Now switch on the main power of the STB.
  5. You can see the text "Please wait while initializing" press 'exit' button twice, Then immediately press 2465. ADTV S/W will begin to download.

I’m not an ADTV customer I found this by searching the forum.

That's what I think. But why does it only affect certain channels? The home transponder shows very strong signal and quality. I thought all transponders come from the same place in the sky? So if one is giving strong signal, the other should too. Anyway, I'll try moving the dish a little and see.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock