[Pics] Tata Sky Shows All 4 Foreign News Channels in Different Aspect Ratio

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
There is a very funny thing about Tata Sky!

Tata Sky provides 4 foreign news channels:

CNN Intl
BBC World
Al Jazeera
Channel NewsAsia

But to my wonder they are showing all these 4 channels in different aspect ratio.

"CNN Intl" is shown in 4:3 ratio with black bars on top and bottom.

CNN_Tata_Sky.png

I dont know what aspect ratio would be called of "BBC World" because it also shows black bars on top and bottom but the size of black bars is lesser than other downscaled HD feed channels such as CNN, History TV18, MTV Indies, etc. BBC World screen size quite similar to downscaled feed of MTunes.

BBC_World_Tata_Sky.png

"Al Jazeera" aspect ratio is beyond my mind. They have zoomed out the whole channel so some part from left and right is missing and the channel looks bad.

Al_Zajeera_Tata_Sky.png

Only "Channel NewsAsia" is shown in proper 16:9 aspect ratio.

Channel_News_Asia_Tata_Sky.png

I wonder why Tata Sky is doing this? They should either show all channels in 16:9 ratio or 4:3 ratio. Why different kind of aspect ratio for these 4 channels?

The question is why do they use different aspect ratio for all 4 foreign channels? If they show Channel NewsAsia in 16:9 ratio, they can do the same for rest channels. Previously they were showing Al Jazeera channel in 16:9 ratio as well but later they changed its aspect ratio to some weird ratio which stretches the picture and some of the left and right side of picture is cut off.

^^ Yes. That was the previous aspect ratio of Al Jazeera on Tata Sky.

They should fix CNN and BBC World ratio in priority. These two channels are most viewed channels too.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock