Picture quality issue in xstream box

sujitharavind

Reaction score
Hi,
Recently i upgraded my airtel HD box to xstream box. However it was not working properly in my Mi TV. I am using Mi 4A pro 49 inch tv. The problem is xstream box not detecting proper picture resolution and complete interfaces contains reddish color. I checked system diagnostics settings and there it's showing HDR unavailable in HDMI option. Set top box is sending HDR (Higher dynamic range) signals to the tv forcefully, without checking whether the tv supports it or not. This is resulting in distorted and dark image on the tv . This is clearly a software issue in xstream box. All other HDMI devices like play station, firestick and all working properly in my tv. From customer care i didn't get the any proper solution. If it's not possible to fix this issue, i am planning to return the box.
Note: I enabled HDMI 2.0 in tv and checks again. It's little bit reducing the red colour but not getting original resolution or picture quality.

d8XIUqJ.jpg

Nr9KvjV.jpg

y6L0fDR.jpg

OmMGxaH.jpg

Last edited:
This is a known issue. HDR should be disabled on the TV. XStream box doesn't have any option to disable it.

This is a known issue. HDR should be disabled on the TV. XStream box doesn't have any option to disable it.
TV doesn't have any option to disable HDR. This is the software issue from the Xsream box.
My issue resolved. Below are the update.
I got firmware and android update from the Airtel. (As per the request from airtel technician).
Initial firm ware: 1.0.9
After update:1.1.0

Please follow below steps:
Home->Settings->System->Diagnostics->Software info->Check update
Home->Settings->Android settings->Device preference->About->System update--Check update

Now everything working perfectly.

TV doesn't have any option to disable HDR. This is the software issue from the Xsream box.
My issue resolved. Below are the update.
I got firmware and android update from the Airtel. (As per the request from airtel technician).
Initial firm ware: 1.0.9
After update:1.1.0

Please follow below steps:
Home->Settings->System->Diagnostics->Software info->Check update
Home->Settings->Android settings->Device preference->About->System update--Check update

Now everything working perfectly.
Can you tell us the complete firmware and software version like 1.0.9-x or 1.1.0-x (x=?). We have firmware version 1.0.9-19110817 with application version 1.0.2726.

After update.
Application version : 1.0.2726
Android version: 9
Firmware Version: 1.1.0-20010613

Last edited:
Can you tell us the complete firmware and software version like 1.0.9-x or 1.1.0-x (x=?). We have firmware version 1.0.9-19110817 with application version 1.0.2726.
Before that mine was like that only. We won't get updates directly. I contacted customer care and told them to connect technical team. After that i told my exact issue with them and they ask me for the pic of XStream box with serial number(Down side of the box). After few minutes only i got the new updates.

After update.

Before that mine was like that only. We won't get updates directly. I contacted customer care and told them to connect technical team. After that i told my exact issue with them and they ask me for the pic of XStream box with serial number(Down side of the box). After few minutes only i got the new updates.

After update.
Airtel cc Number ?
What u said technical team?

After update.
What issue were facing for which you got additional firmware update ? I am not facing picture quality or color issue as my TV has HDR Off or Auto option and it is set as Auto.

hi,
I am facing the same poor PQ issues with Xstream box. Everything is very dark and reddish.
looking at the forum, it seems that it can be fixed with Firmware 1.1.0 but can someone suggest me on sho should we reach out to for this?

Customer care is not ready to help.
Airtel nodal is not responding my emails.

please help

Tweet on @Airtel_Presence. They will create ticket and engineer will visit to check the issue and then only, specific request for this firmware can be raised with backend team.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock