Breaking PILs filed against restriction of Sports feed with Dd Platform

Akash Solanki

Cable TV Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
Star spends crores acquiring rights of major sporting events. Meanwhile Doordarshan collects crores off advertising and public money. And this Supreme Court's ruling is also not fair. Important events should be given accessed to all. I hope in next ruling government asks Prasar Bharati to start acquiring rights of important events themselves instead of private broadcasters. If Star or Sony can make profit Doordarshan should too. Do remember that 96 World Cup was acquired by Doordarshan.

This PIL is just meaningless. Means seriously Star or any other channel spends billions to acquire the broadcasting right and here people are demanding DD to broadcast it for free. How can this even be possible? The only way is DD buying rights for India matches. Then if that will happen then the rights will be technically reserved for DD. And i don't think DD will pay that much money. They will negotiate for a lower price. So there won't be any significant increase in the value of rights. And in the end affecting BCCI revenue and slowing down the growth of cricket in India. The present way is the best way. Just Spend some 500 for one time, get a FTA box and watch for free for lifetime.

Star spends crores acquiring rights of major sporting events. Meanwhile Doordarshan collects crores off advertising and public money. And this Supreme Court's ruling is also not fair. Important events should be given accessed to all. I hope in next ruling government asks Prasar Bharati to start acquiring rights of important events themselves instead of private broadcasters. If Star or Sony can make profit Doordarshan should too. Do remember that 96 World Cup was acquired by Doordarshan.
And Also Commonwealth games 2010

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock