Pixelation and grain issue in HD channels.

seanbenn85

Reaction score
This is my first thread here in the Airtel DTH HD forum (User of Airtel DTH SD forum).Yesterday I upgraded my airtel SD box to HD cal comp box.Today morning I subscribed to Star English Mini HD pack and all the channels look slightly pixelated and more grainy.I checked the signal quality and it was 10-11 with yellow bar.Does that have to do anything with the quality of channels?
I don't think it is my tv related since my USB pendrive plays HD content without any pixelation.
Now I know DTH HD quality will be slightly inferior to my USB drive HD files but still the pixelation and grains makes it difficult to watch movies and my favorite English series etc( Star movies select HD, Star World premiere HD, Star movies HD).
Anybody else face the same issues?

Last edited:
Which channels you are facing this issue in?

Star World Premiere HD,Star Movies select HD & Star Movies HD.These are the channels I have subscribed to.
I'm currently not subscribed to these channels. However, I was before and the quality was excellent! It must be an issue with your STB or Dish. Please raise a complaint!

I'm currently not subscribed to these channels. However, I was before and the quality was excellent! It must be an issue with your STB or Dish. Please raise a complaint!
I will do that.My airtel digital tv dish along with the standard definition STB was bought on 2009 much before airtel launched their HD services.The old dish has never undergone any change of parts except for the relocation of the dish when we moved house 5 years ago.So does this old dish has anything to do with the poor picture quality of the HD or SD channels?

An update!!. I found out that the lnb was broken and torn is faulty and replaced it by airtel technician after much hardship.The airtel tech guy was blaming my tv for the pixellation issues even when I showed him my USB pen drive connected to the tv was playing HD content perfectly.It took me more than half an hour to convince him to check the LNB and replace it.Hope they sent a better engineer next time if a problem happens instead of blaming the customer's television set.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock