Planning to buy Videcon d2h

• Thread starter balu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 5,876

balu

Reaction score
Hi,
I am planning to buy vid d2h because of the nice packages offered for South India. With just a base pack of 150 I will be getting all the Telugu channels. Also at present they are offering good promotions for new users
D2H Satellite | DTH Connestion |Digital TV Offers | DTH Satellite Box - Videocon d2h

Have gone through many online reviews on various forums and blogs and have seen quite a positive review for d2h. After doing a lot of math I am convinced that no other DTH offers better packs.

Thanks to this forum DDF which is quite active compared to the others that I have come across. I am sure that you might help me in some doubts.

So, far I have come across only one con mentioned in mouthshut (hope this is allowed and is not considered as advertising)
GENERAL ADVICE ON DTH SERVICE - Review, News, Schedule, TV Channels, India, COMPARISON OF MAJOR DTH PLAYERS IN INDIA & RANKING - MouthShut.com

must also add one major negative policy of Videocon d2h, that is to take back all the hardware (STB, Dish, LNBF, etc.) if a customer discontinues his/her monthly subscription. But they would not inform you about this policy during the online buying process, once you pay, the service engineer will come and install the dish & STB, and before leaving he will hand over a "Customer Application Form" that says that when you clicked "Buy Online" tab in their official website, you were not actually buying, you were renting. This is non-disclosure of crucial information to customers during the sell process. I must say this is unethical considering the amount of money that a customer pays for the Hardware+installation charges, 1390+200 for normal STB, 1890+1000 for HD STB, 4490+1500 for HD-DVR, and 2690+300 for Satellite DVD. Note that they are actually taking money for the hardware, highest among its competitors, and still retaining ownership rights of the hardware with themselves. This is clear violation of customer rights and must be corrected. As per the TRAI guidelines customers must be given options like "Rental", "Outright Sale", & "Hire Purchase" to chose from during the sale process only, i.e. when a customer clicks on the tab "Buy Online", these three options must appear with detailed Terms & Conditions. Otherwise, in its present form of online purchase, Videocon should honor customer’s ownership rights on the hardware. Further, as per the TRAI guidelines, even if a customer discontinues monthly subscription, Free to Air channels should be available on that connection.

Is this true? If it is true in that case I have to keep some subscriptions even though I don't watch during a month long travels?

Please any d2h expert clarify his doubt.
Anyway good selection by him.

go for vd2h with eyes closed. i had recently buyed and i am enjoying nice pic qq and aq is too good and there are some unique channels which you not find in any other dth such as 9XO or Dhoom Cinema and like that many other channels are also there.:tup

You can safely go for d2h connection but i too doubt about the mentioned policy. Anyone please confirm whether it is true or wrong.

Actually I too see this in their TnC

Get Digitized

The above offer of free Digital Set Top Box is a limited period offer and is available on annual subscription, Set Top Box shall remain the property of Bharat Business Channel Limited. The above mentioned annual subscription offer is valid on New Gold Sports, New Diamond and Platinum HD packs only. To avail FREE Digital Set Top Box offer, customer has to directly take either a SD Digital Set top box or HD Digital Set Top Box OR in the form of GLK888 / GLK1090 / GLK1390 for SD connection and GLK1490 for HD connection and recharge worth remaining amount. The figure of 400+ channels and services is the total number of channels (including multilingual Audio feed) and services available on the platform. Some channels/ features/ prices/ services can be added/ deleted/ modified without any prior notice. Features and services may vary depending on the Set Top Box chosen. The claim of highest number of channels & services and other genre channels is on the basis of comparison with competition communication on the same as on 9th Oct 2012. Also the claim of “No other DTH Service in India offers it” is for the combination of 400+ channels & services and 22 Asli “HD” channels as on 9th Oct 2012.. For more details, please visit our website Get Digitized

balu said:
Hi,
I am planning to buy vid d2h because of the nice packages offered for South India. With just a base pack of 150 I will be getting all the Telugu channels. Also at present they are offering good promotions for new users
D2H Satellite | DTH Connestion |Digital TV Offers | DTH Satellite Box - Videocon d2h

Have gone through many online reviews on various forums and blogs and have seen quite a positive review for d2h. After doing a lot of math I am convinced that no other DTH offers better packs.

Thanks to this forum DDF which is quite active compared to the others that I have come across. I am sure that you might help me in some doubts.

So, far I have come across only one con mentioned in mouthshut (hope this is allowed and is not considered as advertising)
GENERAL ADVICE ON DTH SERVICE - Review, News, Schedule, TV Channels, India, COMPARISON OF MAJOR DTH PLAYERS IN INDIA & RANKING - MouthShut.com

must also add one major negative policy of Videocon d2h, that is to take back all the hardware (STB, Dish, LNBF, etc.) if a customer discontinues his/her monthly subscription. But they would not inform you about this policy during the online buying process, once you pay, the service engineer will come and install the dish & STB, and before leaving he will hand over a "Customer Application Form" that says that when you clicked "Buy Online" tab in their official website, you were not actually buying, you were renting. This is non-disclosure of crucial information to customers during the sell process. I must say this is unethical considering the amount of money that a customer pays for the Hardware+installation charges, 1390+200 for normal STB, 1890+1000 for HD STB, 4490+1500 for HD-DVR, and 2690+300 for Satellite DVD. Note that they are actually taking money for the hardware, highest among its competitors, and still retaining ownership rights of the hardware with themselves. This is clear violation of customer rights and must be corrected. As per the TRAI guidelines customers must be given options like "Rental", "Outright Sale", & "Hire Purchase" to chose from during the sale process only, i.e. when a customer clicks on the tab "Buy Online", these three options must appear with detailed Terms & Conditions. Otherwise, in its present form of online purchase, Videocon should honor customer’s ownership rights on the hardware. Further, as per the TRAI guidelines, even if a customer discontinues monthly subscription, Free to Air channels should be available on that connection.

Is this true? If it is true in that case I have to keep some subscriptions even though I don't watch during a month long travels?

Without thinking second time,go for D2h.
Every dth mentioned that the stb,dish,lnb are their own property and they are giving on rent.So no problem in that.
They never take back STB untill you surrender connection.

piinku1 said:
Every dth mentioned that the stb,dish,lnb are their own property and they are giving on rent.So no problem in that.

Right said bro, and someone would like to keep the STB after getting his a/c deactivated as he has paid for STB. ;)

Bapun Raz said:
piinku1 said:

Right said bro, and someone would like to keep the STB after getting his a/c deactivated as he has paid for STB. ;)

If you don't need,simply don't recharge.

Sometimes they mail/sms why we are not recharging also provide exclsive offer and discounts.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock