Planning to move to Videocon D2H HD

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
Guys,

I am planning replace my cable tv with Videocon D2H HD. The packages are good and price is also okay. I need the following details to finalize d2h.

1. How about the picture quality of SD channels through HDMI? Because I heard the SD D2H quality is not good.
2. Whether the set top box has 5.1 analog audio output or coaxial digital output? I have a 5.1 mutimedia speaker system so that I can connect it with the set top box either directly or using the coaxial to 5.1 converter (which I am planning to buy).

Hope I will get a better solution from you friends.

well Bro the quality of SD channels is ok but due t bad STB quality the PQ appears bluish. I have taken a new connection in month of december and personally not very happy with the PQ. The contrast seems to be dull in comparission to mine Dishtv True HD and Tatasky HD.

The second part I wont be able to comment on

picture and sound quality is good And it has coaxial out in hd stb

Check it urself bro visit a Tv showroom and check the SD channels quality on the STB. If you are happy then do buy it

yer bro.u have to decide about PQ by personnel experience.not on others review

mjahabarsadiq said:
Guys,

I am planning replace my cable tv with Videocon D2H HD. The packages are good and price is also okay. I need the following details to finalize d2h.

1. How about the picture quality of SD channels through HDMI? Because I heard the SD D2H quality is not good.
2. Whether the set top box has 5.1 analog audio output or coaxial digital output? I have a 5.1 mutimedia speaker system so that I can connect it with the set top box either directly or using the coaxial to 5.1 converter (which I am planning to buy).

Hope I will get a better solution from you friends.

I would say pls go ahead with d2h. D2h is aggressive in hd channel addition. Pic quality of hd or sd is little down. May be just by 10% with respect to others. You will not even feel the different at first sight. hardware and software quality also not the best. But cc is good. Online account works very well. And cost is so low along with high availability of channels also movie on demand is on monthly basis. Radio channels u have that d2h is running far ahead of any other service provider. Can't say the same for hardware and remote but software will surely improve in future.

I have my Airtel SD connection in my native and the quality of channels are very very good. I can go with Airtel HD if they are having Star Cricket HD and ESPN HD. This is the only reason I am coming out of Airtel. Anyhow, I will check the quality of channels in Videocon. But just wanted to know the puplic opinion. So, it seems the quality is not that much good also not bad. Till now, I decided to go with d2h HD. After checking the quality from any store. I will finalize (mostly will go with)

maintain the airtel for sd and buy d2h minimum hd plan,you can enjoy both sd and hd.just one time investment,but i thing software didnot improve the channel quality if depends on hardware.

people said:
maintain the airtel for sd and buy d2h minimum hd plan,you can enjoy both sd and hd.just one time investment,but i thing software didnot improve the channel quality if depends on hardware.

airtel SD is at my native. in chennai i have only SCV till now. but not satisfied with my new HD ready LED TV. so planning to move out of SCV and also to move to HD. I think D2H is the best choice since we have more number of HD channels and maximum tamil channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock