Planning to setup a 12 feet dish

tvguy1997

Reaction score
I currently have an 8-foot dish now, but Intelsat 17 3845 V Kalaignar channels and 3894 H channels are not working all day. By noontime, it will stop working and it will start working back by my evening.

Other TP's are at 71% in signal strength. However, the quality is at around 38-40%.

To fix this problem, I want to install a new 12-foot dish to stabilize all channels and improve signal strength and quality.

Will this setup help stabilize those channels?
Is it possible to improve signal strength and quality by installing a 12-foot dish?
Is a signal strength of 71% and a signal quality of 38% sufficient to play the channels without issues in the future?

I'm setting this up in Punjab

Will this setup help stabilize those channels?
Is it possible to improve signal strength and quality by installing a 12-foot dish?
Is a signal strength of 71% and a signal quality of 38% sufficient to play the channels without issues in the future?
You should be able to get good signal with 6 feet dish only. Are you sure the dish has a correct focal point and not damaged? Are there any obstructions in front of the antenna? Do you have a telecom operator running 5G tests in your area, with base station nearby your house? Few things to consider
  1. Try changing LNB, it might be faulty
  2. Try with different receiver, tuner might have an issue
  3. Try early morning or late evening, signal strength tends to vary at different times of the day
  4. Wait for a few days and try again, signals of a particular transponder can get weaker for a few days, and the come back to normal

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock