Seeking Help Planning to Upgrade TS HD STB to TS HD+ PVR STB

Digital Mastermind

Tata Play Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am planning to upgrade my primary HD STB to HD+ PVR STB in the upcoming month. I asked CC for some details and they are as follows:

The price of upgradation from HD STB to HD+ PVR STB is Rs 7890

I asked if i would get a Super LNB as complementary along with the HD+ PVR STB as i already have 2 more HD STB as Multi TV, CC Said they are not aware and Installer will suggest if existing Quad Port LNB needs to be replaced or not.

I need recording feature as we have many shows running at same time on various channels specially on weekends, so since the STB has recording and catchup TV feature i was planning to upgrade

Also how is the PQ of the hd + STB as compared to the technicolor hd STB ???

Is it worth to upgrade to hd + STB as of today ???

Also any chance of new hd recording STB being launched/Android stb???

I dont understand why TS is charging Activation and Installer Visit charges for an upgrade ??? Is this been same before or been started recently, and why should we pay for Super LNB ???

Pls give Ur valuable feedback hd+ STB users @Bapun Raz Bro, @DTH Fan Bro, and others

Last edited:
Also how is the PQ of the hd + STB as compared to the technicolor hd STB ???
PQ is excellent. Also the EPG and UI is more responsive and faster on PVR box compared to HD box.
Is it worth to upgrade to hd + STB as of today ???
If money doesn't matter than 100% worth.
Also any chance of new hd recording STB being launched/Android stb???
No chance in near future.
I dont understand why TS is charging Activation and Installer Visit charges for an upgrade ??? Is this been same before or been started recently, and why should we pay for Super LNB ???
I was never asked to pay for installation and activation.

Thanks @DTH Fan bro, and does Super LNB also come free along with the Upgrade???

What if the installer doesn't install Super LNB and asks to pay extra ???

Also how is the super lnb performance during rains ???

Thanks @DTH Fan bro, and does Super LNB also come free along with the Upgrade???

What if the installer doesn't install Super LNB and asks to pay extra ???

Also how is the super lnb performance during rains ???
No. Don't pay for Super LNB. Ask them to replace the LNB with Super LNB as its a must for PVR box. Super LNB performance is always better.

I don't know what do you mean by Catchup TV feature but it provides several program episodes to watch as offline.

Yes that's what I am asking like can we watch previous day's shows like 3-4 days old offline without internet ???

You can see whichever shows you set to record. No internet is involved. Also the recording can be a quite old show/movie.. no limitations on days.

However you will have to keep your STB on even if you are not watching any channels.

Also if you remove any channel from your package, you won't be able to watch its past recordings.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock