Pls Help needed Urgent plss

• Thread starter EesaN
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 4,154

EesaN

Reaction score
dEAR fRNDS ,

i HAVE Bought this SUN Direct HD today.The dealer said U can record using Pen drive or any storage devices...I just fit my pen drive to record frm HD..It started recording But the format is somewhat diiffiult as it created a folder in ma penrive as data ...with number of files and finally it does'ny plays on ma pC.

Kindly help me how to record in easier formats or do i need any other seperate Device to record & watch on ma PC..

My Model is this

xqU34d.jpg

W8 ing for the reply

dear friend, its quite normal. All dth stb formats the usb drive in a file system which cannot be read by a windows/mac pc or any dvd players.

The usb drive is formatted in ext file system which is not recognized by windows/mac. Only a linux OS can read those format.

thanx 4 the quick reply madhan .Is there any other possible ways to record & watch on PC..Or I should istall only Linux..and just need a confiramtion If I install Linux will it surely plays...
If It plays what player should be used in linux..Coz if there is no otherway I will be installing Linux...So I just need yo confirm

Pls Do needful

Many Audio video Card Available in Market For HD Recording near About 10K,
All Dth Operator Secure And encrypt Recording Video ....Due to Piracy .

hmm...Thnz Vikram...:)
but If we install Linux OS can we record and playback...or
If I need to buy in markets what should I ask to the dealer recorder or....any other names...
Ur Idea pls..:)

well... The stb formats the usb drive in a file system called ext file system.

Hope you are aware that windows uses ntfs or fat file system. Thats why windows cant read this ext file system.

At the same time the default file system of linux is ext or ext2 file system. So its my simple logical calculation that linux can read it.

But i never tried it, so cant promise it bro. I would rather suggest you to search for partition mount managers for windows. Few of them have options to read a non-native file system or give a option to convert it. You can give it a try.

Apart from these there is no other way to read the recorded content on a different device other than the stb. This is to protect the piracy

cool.... thanx frnds...madhan & vikram...u guys rocking with this forum
i came thru'gh google search to this....
I will try the above methods...:)

Madhan bhai & Vikram bro. has very well explain you ,Mostly users are facing this problem due to (Linux) Ext/Ext2 file system,So the best method is to get one Tuner-card from market,It would cost about Rs.1000 to Rs.1500 easily. Now the benefit is 90% STB'S has AUDIO/VIDEO OUT and TUNER-CARD has AUDIO/VIDEO IN So its easy to Record Audio/Video in PC in any FORMAT you like
ok.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock