Seeking Help Plz help me to choose between Mi box & Tatasky binge+

1. Hybrid boxes can have Dolby 5.1.
2. Netflix will be added soon. It takes some time. Earlier it wasn't available on many devices. It slowly comes for better compability.
3. They do.
4. I agree all apps are not available on Mi Box. That's Xiaomi for you. That's why I discourage from buying Mi Box.

PS I can assure you Tata Sky has no spyware like analysis apps. 😉
Soon word won't accept in technology. We can consider only "present". I am just exploring what are there and what are not there in hybrid boxes.
Sorry to say this, it seems you are a tata sky fan boy and I don't want to involve in fan boy talks.
I can discuss only subject. For that reason I am here.

Soon word won't accept in technology. We can consider only "present". I am just exploring what are there and what are not there in hybrid boxes.
Sorry to say this, it seems you are a tata sky fan boy and I don't want to involve in fan boy talks.
I can discuss only subject. For that reason I am here.
Soon words doesn't apply to Chinese brand, right. It matters to reputational brand like Tata. It took Xiaomi one whole year to give Amazon Prime after the soon announcement was made.

So we know when they loose access to google someday like Huawei did. We will see how "soon" google will be back. Their browser has already been called out to for snoop in personal data of users.

Last edited:
Airtel's Xstreme Stick doesn't require Airtel subscription. Firestick doesn't require Amazon Prime subscription. Talking about ACT fiber. Broadband subscription is required as the Act 4K comes for free with subscription.
Would have been nice if they (ACT) gave it for free.
rJQh2wK.png

If Tatasky or Airtel boxes works without "DTH" subscription, then its worth a try, but devices which works independent from a service provider is beneficial in a long run (since you are making an investment anyway)

Get ₹1000 off on Mi Box 4K

No official google support for Mi TV 55 inch. Than also instead of giving it on complimentary basis. They are making customers pay. This is Xiaomi. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Xiaomi's motto should be. You pay today. You pay tomorrow as well.

Go for TATA SKY as Mi is a Chinese company you never know when US can put a ban on them like they did it with Huawei and growing tensions between USA and China day by day it can happen sooner rather than later...

Only terms and conditions is you will have to pay to have an active connection.
XStream didn't have this when Airtel introduced the box. One didn't need to have an active DTH plan to access the OTT content. They have later changed it and updated the software to check for an active DTH connection. TS is not asking for an active Binge subscription today, who knows, tomorrow they might! Owning the device means you should own it without a need to spend a monthly amount on it. If someone wants to watch only free OTT content there shouldn't a need to spend anything.

What I'm trying to say is that, if OTT is the preference for the OP, the hybrid box won't serve the purpose as it requires a mandatory monthly installment. On the other hand, if OP is looking for DTH+OTT, then the hybrid box is the way to go.

1. Hybrid boxes can have Dolby 5.1.
3. They do.
4. I agree all apps are not available on Mi Box. That's Xiaomi for you. That's why I discourage from buying Mi Box.
1. Amazon prime app doesn't have Dolby 5.1 on XStream and Binge boxes. It's a known issue.
2. Dolby True HD, DTS HD, and DTS:X formats are not supported on XStream and Binge boxes. But these can be experienced only with an advanced Home Theater system.
4. He is saying that all apps are not available on the Play Store of the hybrid boxes whereas, on the MI Box, they will all be available.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock