Discussion Poll for HD TV users: Do you still buy SD channels?

So HD TV sets owners do you still buy SD channels over HD channels?

• Total voters

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Last week Tata Sky offered English GEC at a discounted rated of ₹1. So I had decided to drop Viacom's HD pack. Hoping, I would same some cost. Boy I was disappointed with how bad those SD channels look. Maybe because I had gotten used to HD channels for over 5 years. Hence, HD looks bad to my eyes.

Coming to discussion. I have seen many of my relatives. Some with even 4K TVs from Sony no less. Some has no idea of existence of HD channels. While ohers saved cost or lacked the hardware to get HD channels.

So how many of DDF users are still buy SD channels with HD TV sets? And why?

Do note that we are discussing channels with HD variant like Star Plus, SET etc. Not SD only channels like Star Utsav, Sony Pal etc.

Yes I'm buying SD channels because Sony Max-2, Zee Bollywood, Zee Anmol Cinema etc... Few channels not available in HD, so still I'm watching these channels in SD feed,
Infotainment channels means only HD,
No SD, if we watch infotainment in SD means waste of money,
Finaly reason to take SD channels because few channels still with SD feed,
If they launch Zee Classic HD, Sony Max2 HD, then we can leave SD feed that time automatically SD channels will shutdown in future,

Once You Watched HD Version Of A Channel And You Have Money To afford Then Anyone Will Not Go For SD

Yes I'm buying SD channels because Sony Max-2, Zee Bollywood, Zee Anmol Cinema etc... Few channels not available in HD, so still I'm watching these channels in SD feed,
Infotainment channels means only HD,
No SD, if we watch infotainment in SD means waste of money,
Finaly reason to take SD channels because few channels still with SD feed,
If they launch Zee Classic HD, Sony Max2 HD, then we can leave SD feed that time automatically SD channels will shutdown in future,
I specifically said we are discussing channels with HD variants only.
Subscribed Sony Sab SD version as Ala carte to watch TMKOC repeat episodes in daytime, I do have Sony Sab HD in my Subscribed channels.
This is the method many prefers. I always wanted Sony to have a HD bouquet with SAB SD instead of Sony SAB HD.

d2h gives SD channels with good clarity. Also, packs are cheaper in SD. Hence, as of now, SD channels themselves are enough to watch.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock