Discussion Poor Cricket telecasting from Star Network

Muthu.svg

Reaction score
Friends...

Did u note that worst cricket telecasting in STAR Sports TV channels - world cup t20 (all channels follow the same in recent days) in tv channels telecast. Their aim is money money..not customer viewing experiance... Like

1.Ads started immediately once batsman out. Not able to see replay IN TV telecast..(earlier they show till batsman walk to pavilion)

2. TV Telecast resume only bowler half of the way running for bowl the over.

3. Ads telecast more than a minute in between over complete, wicket fall, review, etcc....

Not sure that how we can get good experiance watch cricket/sports.

IBF should take action. Not sure they know this much customer facing pbm or not.

Paychannels should stop telecast ads or less than 5 to 10 secs only for each situation.

Very worst cricket telecasting in private TV channels OF Star and sony. DD SPORTS 1.0 IS BETTER.

No one feel this trouble.

Last edited:
Friends...

Did u note that worst cricket telecasting in STAR Sports TV channels - world cup t20 (all channels follow the same in recent days) in tv channels telecast. Their aim is money money..not customer viewing experiance... Like

1.Ads started immediately once batsman out. Not able to see replay IN TV telecast..(earlier they show till batsman walk to pavilion)

2. TV Telecast resume only bowler half of the way running for bowl the over.

3. Ads telecast more than a minute in between over complete, wicket fall, review, etcc....

Not sure that how we can get good experiance watch cricket/sports.

IBF should take action. Not sure they know this much customer facing pbm or not.

Paychannels should stop telecast ads or less than 5 to 10 secs only for each situation.

Very worst cricket telecasting in private TV channels OF Star and sony. DD SPORTS 1.0 IS BETTER.

No one feel this trouble.
Ngl what you said is not wrong. But sports networks like SONY, STAR tend to show ads as much as possible during Indian cricketing events as those get more TRP than any other broadcasts in sports channels!!

But I don't like STAR's coverage because it often feels cringe watching their extra innings!

Ngl what you said is not wrong. But sports networks like SONY, STAR tend to show ads as much as possible during Indian cricketing events as those get more TRP than any other broadcasts in sports channels!!

But I don't like STAR's coverage because it often feels cringe watching their extra innings!
I don't agree to you. It's not that they are telecasting free to air. They are charging hefty amounts from viewers as well as advertisers. It's really irritating to watch when ads supercede the actual cricketing action. They don't even show the replays of the wicket fall just jump right to the ads. I don't know if there's a forum to raise a complaint.

This is only happening now. Thanks to low scoring matches. Yesterday, match finished within 7 overs. There were other matches where Bangladesh scored 73 and West Indies scored 55. How is Star supposed to monetize?

Star is miles ahead of other broadcasters when it comes to ad placement in cricket. I have seen ads in between balls on other channels.

This is only happening now. Thanks to low scoring matches. Yesterday, match finished within 7 overs. There were other matches where Bangladesh scored 73 and West Indies scored 55. How is Star supposed to monetize?

Star is miles ahead of other broadcasters when it comes to ad placement in cricket. I have seen ads in between balls on other channels.
i don't know but this time coverage is really poor from STAR. I watch on Hotstar but you got to watch atleast 3 ads before they even start to show the match.

Nearly 30 mins ads, 30 mins cricket telacast for 1 hour. Really irritating.

Is it worth/good for pay channels ??.

IBF should control pay channels. But nothing happen..viewers only impact..

I don't agree to you. It's not that they are telecasting free to air. They are charging hefty amounts from viewers as well as advertisers. It's really irritating to watch when ads supercede the actual cricketing action. They don't even show the replays of the wicket fall just jump right to the ads. I don't know if there's a forum to raise a complaint.
if you put it that way then I also agree with you.

Even in IPL, STAR used to show long ads-breaks which just used to ruin the mood for me. But they at least showed the FOW replay. As of now, they are just being miserable.

i don't know but this time coverage is really poor from STAR. I watch on Hotstar but you got to watch atleast 3 ads before they even start to show the match.
Production is excellent. Ads could be properly placed. You need to highlight this to them on twitter.

I think Star is losing out on a premium market. They could introduce a high cost plan with ad-free cricket. But Is the market ready to pay around ₹1600 for ad-free cricket a month?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock