Discussion Poor Cricket telecasting from Star Network

Govt. should make some rule that if channels is pay there should be no advt. they can charge any price now they are charging too and showing most of time advt. only

Govt. should make some rule that if channels is pay there should be no advt. they can charge any price now they are charging too and showing most of time advt. only
Yes and the channel would be priced above ₹700 to recover the rights acquisition cost.

Yes and the channel would be priced above ₹700 to recover the rights acquisition cost.
And after that channel will shutdown and monopoly will start until new competitor arrivers and due to monopoly we may need to pay higher price what we are paying now with advt.

Hope this advt mostly telecasting issue not only in STAR and world cup t20,

SONY sports channels too + All india cricket sporting events..

Really painful watching from customer end. Govt and IBF should enquiry and make necessary actions.

Those who asking about Ad-free viewing cricket match experience...

Will any body from Indian middle class man can afford this is or not..?

YUPostT.jpg

DvoyjO4.jpg

P7fIZbU.jpg

In india atleast this scenario not possible even hotstar premium also showing ads during live Match streaming...

RarE9hf.jpg

Those who asking about Ad-free viewing cricket match experience...

Will any body from Indian middle class man can afford this is or not..?

YUPostT.jpg

DvoyjO4.jpg

P7fIZbU.jpg

In india atleast this scenario not possible even hotstar premium also showing ads during live Match streaming...

RarE9hf.jpg
You see nobody has problems with ads. The problem here is that these broadcasters are now prioritizing advertisements over live action. I am sure that we pay enough to deserve the replay of a wicket right after it falls. Logical placement of advertisements is welcome but shoving them right through the viewers eyes is unjustified. First they started with in screen advertisements wherein they minimized the live action to place an ad. That was bearable upto some extent. But not showing replays is cruel and I do not support it.

Not trying to defend Star but Star Sports is the host broadcaster and also the feed producer, due to which, whenever Star Sports goes off air or when it is back on air, their is slight pause in the commentary, also the wicket replay is pushed after 1 ball after the telecast resumes, yes ads have increased, but Star Sports manages things such that it doesn't look broken or glitchy, unlike Sony, which receives feeds from other broadcasters, hence that glitch is always felt with Sony.

You see nobody has problems with ads. The problem here is that these broadcasters are now prioritizing advertisements over live action. I am sure that we pay enough to deserve the replay of a wicket right after it falls. Logical placement of advertisements is welcome but shoving them right through the viewers eyes is unjustified. First they started with in screen advertisements wherein they minimized the live action to place an ad. That was bearable upto some extent. But not showing replays is cruel and I do not support it.
Audiences can enjoy quality sports at affordable rates only if there is competition between the broadcasters in a healthy manner. It needs more broadcasters to broadcast, including cricket tournaments and other sports. In my opinion it would be nice to have such a lineup to sustain the competition.
1) IPL - Sony Sports
2) ICC Events‌ - Star Sports
3) BCCI Rights‌ - viacom
4) Indian cricket team tours in other countries - any of the above networks or Eurosport or any other TV networks

DD sports should have HD channel and try to buy , BCCI rights.

Main issue...In india, private broadcaster/dth operator telling are rules. They stopped DD sports 1.0 showing in match time through supreme court case. No one think public and customer will suffer if DD sports blocked in cable or dth.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock