• Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 2,036

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Guys,

I wanted to share my experience with ADTV service that happened today.

There were no signals on my TV starting yesterday. I have raised a complaint with Airtel and technician visited before some time. He found that the LNB was faulty and not receiving any power, and replaced it. Well and good till now. After this is where I got irritated.

He came down to the TV and called his office and asked them to send the happy code (Service resolution code) and he himself was ready to share the code. I was actually asking him why the signal strength is in yellow whereas it was green before. He was saying it was the wire problem and in parallel busy talking to his office and getting that code, without answering me properly. I simply turned off the TV and had a big argument with him. He didn't tell me the charges for what he did, didn't ask me whether I was satisfied and without asking me he was about to share the so-called "happy code". I told him clearly, you are not supposed to share the code, I will give it to you only when I'm satisfied. He was totally taken aback by this, as he was not expecting this retaliation. Then I asked him for the charges and got the details. And then I asked him what's the warranty for the new LNB. He had no clue and made several calls to multiple people, and nobody knew the warranty period for the replaced LNB. I have then made a call to Customer Care and asked them about the replaced LNB warranty. After some deliberation, the executive responded saying it's 1 month. Then I told the service engineer that there is indeed 1-month warranty and you need to provide me the bill for what you did so that I can claim warranty when needed. I also told him to call me for the happy code later after sending the bill. I got the bill on WhatsApp and then they called me for the code and I gave them the code this time.

I'm not satisfied with the customer care executive's response to the warranty period of the replaced LNB. I have sent an email to the Airtel Team inquiring about the same. Will see what they will come up with and update here.

Cheers!

This sounds like very horrible experience. But might be due to ignorance of the technician. Whatever it is, at the end you suffered due to company's carelessness in choosing him without proper training.

Yes, I had experience in my Sony HT system. The engineers are poor nowadays. I shared my experience with Siva Bro also.

The exact same thing happened with me when the Airtel technician visited my place for solving Seeking Help - Few channels missing in my Airtel Digital . Without solving the problem, he was coordinating with his office to get the 'Happy Code' . Told him its not for you to take the code but for me to give it to you if I am satisfied

@Siva , as far as 'why the signal strength is in yellow whereas it was green before', the technician probably moved the antenna that little bit which causes the signal strength to drop. Of course, their default answer is wire problem

@Siva , as far as 'why the signal strength is in yellow whereas it was green before', the technician probably moved the antenna that little bit which causes the signal strength to drop. Of course, their default answer is wire problem
Yes @Sumanth that's exactly what I suspected. He was arguing with me saying "Shall I show you by replacing the wire!!" I know he will adjust the antenna as well, in the name of replacing the wire. So I told him, no but I was getting green with the same wire before. The quality was in green though, so it's only the strength that's impacted. My problem was mainly with him taking the entire control of my rights, and that too without properly answering all my queries. These guys should be properly trained. He fell in line after I raised it. Everybody doesn't raise it. Many innocent consumers don't even know the prices of these parts, and their fate is left in the hands of these guys. Pity!

Siva bro. you mentioned earlier you r getting signal level green, after replacing with new one it turned yellow.
The problem should be with lnb skew level it needs to be aligned a little bit

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock