Seeking Help Poor picture quality of SD channels on Tata Sky HD STB

DjangoBaba123

Reaction score
Hi. I got a new Tata Sky HD STB and subscribed to South Sports along with HD access. The picture quality on HD is channels is great.
But for SD channels, the picture looks blurred. For Telugu SD channels like Star Maa Movies or Star Maa Gold or ETV Cinema, the PQ is very low.
I have a 32 inch LED. So, I dont think that is the problem. Previously, I had ACT cable, which was giving me decent picture on SD channels also.
Please help.
P.S: I connect the STB to TV using the given HDMI cable.

Last edited:
Hi. I got a new Tata Sky HD STB and subscribed to South Sports along with HD access. The picture quality on HD is channels is great.
But for SD channels, the picture looks blurred. For Telugu SD channels like Star Maa Movies or Star Maa Gold or ETV Cinema, the PQ is very low.
I have a 32 inch LED. So, I dont think that is the problem. Previously, I had ACT cable, which was giving me decent picture on SD channels also.
Please help.
which tv brand ..may be ur tv problem

Please help.
Please post one or two pictures...

Many Tatasky lovers say Tatasky service is top of world so this is actual review by a customer who is telling it is worst than cable in SD channel PQ

Many Tatasky lovers say Tatasky service is top of world so this is actual review by a customer who is telling it is worst than cable in SD channel PQ
Its not about lovers saying that or this. They are in love because they got that much quality and service which no other was able to provide. Here he facing some problem. According to some TS has poor quality on HD but according to above he is getting great quality on HD channels. It's all about user experience.

Last edited:
This might be due to some issue. TS SD channel quality is excellent.

Long back I used to watch SD channels on CRT TV through cable, that time the quality was so best that I never felt the need of hd channels then they introduced LCD TVs then plasma & LEDs but still I believe I never got that quality with any Dth on any kind of tv.

Long back I used to watch SD channels on CRT TV through cable, that time the quality was so best that I never felt the need of hd channels then they introduced LCD TVs then plasma & LEDs but still I believe I never got that quality with any Dth on any kind of tv.
Its because each DTH uses different compression technology for HD Channels.

Please help.
I'm also facing this problem...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock