PORUS new timing from 4th June, Monday to Friday at 8:00pm only on SONY Entertainment Television

• Thread starter Manu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 51
  • Views: Views 14,523

Manu

Contributor
Reaction score
New show...
PORUS
STARTS 27th November
Monday to Friday at 8.30PM only on SONY ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION

Time to revisit history and open a chapter less read about!
Yes, the tale of Indian king Porus and his brave waging war against Alexander the Great may have glorified our past but the story is well, long forgotten.
Trying to get viewers abreast to this powerful tale, Swastik Productions has joined hands with Sony Entertainment Television to bring another magnum opus show titled Porus.
The historical drama, which will go on floors soon, is currently on a casting spree.
Credible sources have informed that the makers have roped in a big name to play the female lead.
Wondering who?
Making a comeback after a long hiatus post Begusarai, Rati Pandey will play a powerful princess in the show. Her character will be named Anusuya.
Though we do not have much detail about her role, the actress has begun her workshop and has been going through a rigorous training entailing horse riding and fight techniques.
When we called the actress she said, “Nothing has been confirmed as of now, so I can’t really comment on the developments.”
This would be Rati’s second outing with Swastik after playing a pivotal role in Begusarai. Post few episodics, Rati made her debut as a lead with Miley Jab Hum Tum. She then got the world talking with her remarkable performance in Hitler Didi.

Rati Pandey set to RETURN to small screen with Sony TV’s Porus

Last edited:
Good Move by SPN :c waiting for more details about this show soon :)

Update --

Moments earlier Tellychakkar.com exclusively reported about Sony Entertainment Television bringing back the forgotten tale of Indian brave heart Porus.
The historical magnum opus will be helmed by Swastik Productions.
As already reported, Rati Pandey will play the female lead while the hunt for the titular character is still in process.
Now, we have been informed that getting back with Swastik Productions will be the talented Praneet Bhat, who gave goosebumps to viewers with his evil act as Shakuni in Mahabharata.
Praneet will be seen essaying the role of Darius, the last Persian king who ruled over the world. He started a revolution against Alexander and even fought Porus. His character is said to be an evil one who created a stir with his actions.
Apart from Praneet, actress Akanksha Juneja will also play an important role. She has been signed to essay Kadika, a princess in the show.
The team is currently undergoing workshops and dialect training. As per sources, the show will go on floors shortly.

Praneet Bhat to play antagonist in Porus; Akanksha Juneja roped in

Again New Update - Digangana Suryavanshi approached for Sony TV’s Porus..

We have already reported about Swastik Productions’ upcoming biggie on Sony TV, Porus. The upcoming series will depict the tale of king Porus.
The casting for the upcoming daily is on and we have also reported that actress Rati Pandey has been roped in to play princess Anusuya on the show.
Now we have heard that another talented beauty from the tinsel town has been approached to play one of the leading ladies in Porus.
Our source informs us that, actress Digangana Suryavanshi (last seen on Star Plus’ Veera) has been approached to play one of the leading princesses in the upcoming daily. If things fructify then Digangana will make her comeback with this show.
When we contacted Digangana for a confirmation, she told us, “I am grateful that this was offered to me and for all those shows that were offered to me. I would have definitely loved to do a show but because of some commitments I cannot get back on TV for a daily soap as of now.”
“Porus is a very nice show and I would have really liked to be a part of it but these days I am focused towards something else. So it would be little unfair for me to emphasize on something else till the time I don’t get out of my prior commitments. I hope my fans would be little more patient to see me back,” signs off Digangana.

Digangana Suryavanshi approached for Sony TV’s Porus

From 3rd April '17, a new show coming on Sony @ 8:30pm, I forgot the show name.

Lots of historical shows are started on various channels ,but sony channel leads in launch of historical shows

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock