Prasar Bharati to launch DD Arun Prabha in north-east India on 25 December

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 2,309

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Public broadcaster Prasar Bharati is all set to launch a new 24x7 satellite television channel in the north-east on 25 December to cater to the region’s cultural sensibilities.

The information and broadcasting (I&B) ministry has allocated a sum of Rs7 crore to the broadcaster for the launch of the channel named DD Arun Prabha. Prasar Bharati runs Doordarshan and All India Radio.

“DD Arun Prabha will showcase programmes on the diverse culture of the north eastern states. The ministry has already sanctioned money for this channel,” said A. Surya Prakash, chairperson, Prasar Bharati. The decision was taken by the Prasar Bharati board in a meeting on 17 October.

This will be Doordarshan’s second channel for the north-eastern region. The state-owned broadcaster already runs DD North-East, which telecasts entertainment and information-based programmes in Assamese, Bengali, English and other languages of the north-east region. “The existing channel has not been able to meet the cultural needs of the area because of its cultural diversity and multiple languages and dialects,” said Prakash.

The proposal to launch DD Arun Prabha was initially announced in Narendra Modi government’s first budget. The proposal was subject to clearances till now.

This move also comes as a part of Doordarshan’s initiative to strengthen its activities in the north-east.

Prasar Bharati to launch DD Arun Prabha in north-east India on 25 December - Livemint

Good update bro. Really good news. The channel will be exciting to watch. I also agree that DD North East is not sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock