Prasar Bharati to rope in actress Kajol as a board member

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
MUMBAI: Prasar Bharati, India’s public broadcaster, is on a major revamp exercise. Bollywood actress Kajol is being roped in to join as a board member of Prasar Bharati.
Kajol’s name is among seven people proposed by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) as it is looking at “remodelling of Doordarshan” and making it commercially viable.

All the names have been approved by the Home Ministry and now are being sent to the vice president who will shortlist four of them to fill up vacancies for part time members of the board, according to a report in the Economic Times.

The final names will be announced after the meeting between the vice president, MIB secretary and chairman of Press Council of India.

Other names in the list are bhajan singer Anup Jalota, Vajpayee’s media advisor Ashok Tandon and senior journalist Minhaz Merchant.

While revamping of the pubcaster has been on the agenda of every I&B minister, Arun Jaitley has been of the view of getting the popularity of Doordarshan back by involving more professionals.

Incidentally, this is also the first time a noted celebrity like Kajol’s name is being considered for the job.

Prasar Bharati board comprises a chairman, a chief executive officer, a member (finance), a member (personnel), six part-time members, a representative of the I&B ministry and DGs of All India Radio and Doordarshan as ex-officio members.

Prasar Bharati to rope in actress Kajol as a board member | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock