Preity Zinta: Ishkq In Paris is NOT a comeback

Greatachiever

Reaction score
After a sabbatical of four years, Preity Zinta is all set to reboot her acting career with a light-hearted romantic comedy Ishkq In Paris. Apart from being the lead actress in the film, Zinta is also making her debut as a producer with this film.

In this long conversation with Sonil Dedhia, the 37-year-old-actress talks about her involvement in the Indian Premier League (IPL), why she thinks this is not her comeback, and why she decided to venture into production.

Prem Raj directs you for just one song in Main Aur Mrs Khanna and you give him the responsibility to direct your first production Ishkq In Paris?

Prem had first approached me for Main Aur Mrs Khanna but I wasn't signing up for any film at that time.

I told him to come to me only if he had a role that's interesting and not run-of-the-mill like that of an NRI or a simple village belle etc. And that too if the film is being shot in India as at that time I was doing IPL and I had almost stopped working in films.

Heroes was the only film I did during that time because the shooting schedule was of only 10 days and that too in Punjab where I was most of the time because of the IPL.

I have known Prem for 10 years. We were always friends.

When he came to me with this script it was titled just Paris. I decided to produce the film. I wanted to make a small budget film with two newcomers. We decided to write it together. I really did like the basic premise of the script.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock